Priceline Hotel: Help Req: San Antonio Downtown/ Riverwalk Oct05

naski666
By naski666,
in

HI everyone. I'm looking for bidding help for the following:

4* hotel, 4 Adults, 2 rooms San Antonio

Dates Oct 23rd - Oct 26th.

I see people have been sucessful at $60 for around these dates for the Marriot.

Priceline red bar pops up at $52 and less. Should I try 53 or be really cheeky and go for 40?

Also I need help regarding how to get free rebids, can anyone confirm areas without 4* hotels if I'm rejected?

Thanks

Nask

It looks like you should be able to bid a total of 6 times....first bid for Downtown/Riverwalk, then 5 rebids with zones that do not have 4* hotels. Just check the zones on Priceline one at a time to see what star levels are in each of those zones. I always do, to avoid any surprises. Two other zones offer either 4* or resort, which should not be considered if you want to be downtown and not upgraded to a resort or win a 4* in a zone you don't want.

Re-bidding is explained in this thread: PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED

We can confirm your re-bid zones for you if you list which ones you believe are your re-bid zones, but you need to know how to figure them out for yourself as they need to be checked before each round of bidding (to make sure that they all still qualify as re-bid zones... otherwise you can end up in an area which you really don't want to stay in)

Start by reading the above thread and if you are confused just post back and we'll take it one step at a time until you understand it.

I assume you are looking for 2 adults per room? (and not a total of 8 adults in a total of 2 rooms)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have read the rebid thing and induvidually checked this afternoon what is offered in each resort. There are 5 resorts with nothing higher available (up to 3*) [ med centre, airport SAT, SA East, SA Northeast, South SA] and one other resort with 3* and resort [ SA WEST](which I won't include).

I'm bidding for 2 rooms, total 4 adults.

Starting bid = $40, lets see what happens

Will keep informed and go through savingsbarn

Naski

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]