Priceline Hotel: NYC Bidding Help

flip08
By flip08,
in

I need advice on bidding for a hotel stay in NYC from 05/02/2013 to 05/06/2013. I would love to stay in Manhattan and star level does not matter as long as its not a roach motel and I have a bathroom in the room. Any help and bidding advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

flip08,

Following-up and concluding your threads, even if the trip was canceled, helps keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone. Please remember follow-up this thread with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

We need to know some basic things to help you with a bidding strategy. Please post your budget/night before tax/fees, zone(s) you're willing to stay in and the star rating for the hotel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Thanks for the reply!

Budget:

$110.00-$120.00 max per night before taxes and fees.

Star Level:

5 Star to 2 Star

Zones:

Central Park South

Chelsea Area

Downtown - Financial District

Empire State Building Area

Hell's Kitchen

Lower East Side

Madison Square Garden - Convention Area

Midtown East

Midtown West

SoHo - Tribeca

Times Square - Theatre District

Upper East Side

Upper West Side

Are you looking for the highest star rating your budget will allow OR the least expensive hotel at the minimum star rating you designate? What star rating do you want to try for first?

Note that at current rates you may struggle to find something within your budget of $120/nite, but let us know the above and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'll take what I can get I would want any star level except for 1 star.

You all are the experts in this so let me know at what star rating you think I'll be able to snag the best deal. If I should increase my budget by a few dollars I can I just do not what to break the bank either.

Thanks again for all your help!!!

By way of example:

3* hotel for $140/nite

2* hotel for $125/nite

Which is 'better' depends upon the user's perspective... the user who doesn't care much about star quality and just wants the least expensive hotel would find the 2* hotel better since it costs less than the $140 property... but another user could easily find the $15 difference worth the extra cost per nite for the full star higher rating.

A quick look at rates the least expensive hotel in Manhattan is a 3* for $150/nite. Could you increase your budget to this amount OR do you want to try bidding for a less expensive hotel on PRICELINE? If the latter, what star rating would you like to try for and what would be your maximum bid?

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]