Hotwire Hotel: 2* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - River North) Howard Johnson Inn Downtown Chicago

BrentL
By BrentL,
in

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Boutique Hotel

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

If you haven't yet please read your messages.

Are there also 'accessible' amenities listed with this property, as this is what i'm seeing as the 3* hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Free Parking

Free Internet

Boutique

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

Please confirm and we'll take a closer look.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My guess would be the South Loop Hotel.

My issue with this property is that it is really kinda in the middle of nowhere South of the city. Despite the name, it's definitely not in the Loop and even calling it "South Loop" is not accurate (I think.) It's often more reasonably priced than staying downtown, but for a reason - it would be reasonably convenient (not perfect, but okay enough) if you are going to the games, but for the time you're not going to the be at the games, it's really not convenient. The area is decent enough (although I would be aware of your surroundings, like any other area in a big city), but if you are coming back late I'd recommend a cab. I was going to suggest staying downtown if possible and if rates were not much more, but rates really are quite high for these date/s in the city for some reason (convention?)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

The prices downtown are so crazy, but don't want to stay at the South Loop.

talking to a buddy who has been to Chicago, he suggests this one.

What do you think this is?

And judging by the crazy prices downtown, this seems like the best value, especially with free parking.

2-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - River North

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Free Parking

Pet friendly

High-Speed Internet Access

After looking at Crazy expensive prices downtown this week I decided to go for this hotel. Turned out to be the HoJo as expected. I am pretty happy considering its location and free parking/internet.

It is expensive for a 2-star on Hotwire compared to other places I have got in the past, but compared to other 3-stars for well over $350, I will take it.

The Hojo is a 2*, but I think while you went down in star rating from the 3* in the South Loop, I think you're likely going to find the location a lot more enjoyable - there's a LOT of restaurant and nightlife options a few blocks to the South in the River North area. Let me know if you have any city questions.

You're also going to be closer to a CTA station. While the South Loop hotel would be closer to the park, the Hojo will be an easier walk to transit.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]