Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* New York City (Times Square - Theater District) St. James Hotel

june6685
By june6685,
in

hi all!

i am a returning client of this awesome forum!

used it to plan my trip at the summer of 09.

i am flying with my wife to NYC this summe (july 16 to be exact) and i wonder:

should i order the hotels now, 4 months ahead?

does it give me any adventage price-wise?

or is it the same as we get closer?

thank u!!

There is no way to know if rates will get cheaper closer to your dates. In some cases they do. We have also definitely seen instances where it goes the wrong way - people have put off their trip thinking that they're going to get a cheaper rate last-minute and come back last-minute to find that there's nothing in their price range.

This is discussed in greater detail in the FAQ.

If you need assistance with your stay, please provide the full details of what you are looking for (date/s, rate, star rating, zones, etc.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Things have changed a bit since 2008/2009 and rates are somewhat higher/discounts a bit less aggressive. Mid-July to late August is not the slowest period of the year, but it's traditionally a tad slower due to the hot weather. Still, it's best to start researching and one idea is to pick a realistic "ceiling" and bid up to that a couple of times a week for a month or two; if you continue to not be accepted at that level, then you can decide to move higher and/or look at alternatives.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 4 weeks later...

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Please click each of the links above, then reply to this topic and we'll have a look at your most recent post above.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

can someone help me identify the hotel?

amenities:

free internet

smoke free rooms

accessible bathrooms.

thanks!

Is this a 2.5* in Times Square? If so, are you still seeing it for these dates? I'm not seeing a listing at that star rating in TS when searching for these date/s.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]