Priceline Hotel: Boston-Copley Area 4*

mrcd
By mrcd,
in

I am hoping to attend my nephew's graduation and was looking at hotels. Current rates are astronomical. When looking back at the same time frame last year, there's not much to go on. That time of year as I understand is a busy time in Boston with all the graduations. What is a reasonable prediction for prices for a 4* in the Copley area for those dates on PL or HW?

Thanks for your help.

If you haven't yet, please read your messages.

When prices get so high and availability so tight it's difficult to predict availability and how much of a discount (if any) a hotel is willing to give, but my guess is that a 4* in Copley will likely run in the $350-$400 area. HOWEVER, if you're willing to stay in other nearby zones (Boston isn't that large geographically) and are willing to include Boston Commmon and/or Quincy Market in your bidding i think you have a chance at something at $300 or less.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've never been to Boston, so I'd be reluctant to be in a different sector than the rest of the family and for a savings as low as $50 per night I might as well be in same hotel. I'll just sit tight for now and see if prices drop a bit. Thanks for your help. I did read my message and it'd be pleasure to use your link.

One other suggestion is to use our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com... search within 1 mile of the address of the hotel the rest of your family is located. Then zoom in on the map and it will be easy to see rates for hotels in the immediate area as well as how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or to stay further/closer to the rest of the family.

Keep us updated as to whatever you decide or if we can be of further help.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What looks like the Royal Sonesta in Cambridge is on Hotwire for $260 for your dates. That would be a long walk (maybe 2 miles), and the T would not be super-convenient, but you could take a taxi for about $15. Bidding Priceline for a Cambridge 4* seems like a decent strategy.

Copley Square may be an awful mess, even in a month, by the way. And Boston as a whole is apt to be less easy to get around this summer than it usually is. :-(

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]