Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium Park - The Loop - Grant Park) The Palmer House Hilton

Assolute
By Assolute,
in

Hey there

I'm looking to head to Chicago for 4 nights and have the option to do so really anywhere from the end of May until the end of July. My only restriction is that it must be a Wednesday-Sunday trip. Just looking as to what weekend would be my cheapest bet. I am from Canada so I don't know too much about the pricing there.

Also the goal is to stay in a 4-star somewhere downtown hopefully keeping the cost of hotel to <120/night.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

I can't look at all of the date combinations, but I do know that the week of the 4th of July is actually a slower week and there would appear to be options for 7/3-7. Otherwise, Chicago is generally more expensive throughout much of the rest of the Spring/Summer.

On HOTWIRE, I'm seeing a 4* in the Loop w/:

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

For $88 (the price you see may vary slightly), that would likely be the Palmer House. What appears to be the Felix is $109; I think you could possibly get a 4* on PRICELINE bidding in the Millennium Park-Loop-GP area (South of the river) or a 4* area North of the of the River (River North-NMA) for around $85-95.

Please let us know if you have any questions before bidding/buying and we would be happy to offer further suggestions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the advice! I looked into this weekend and was indeed able to get a nice deal. $81/n for Palmer House!

I'll post my win up now :)

I started bidding on NMA started at 70, going as high as 93 and did not get a deal so I tried again with loop

Started at 75 and was able to get this on my third shot ($3 increments).

Thanks Aaron for the advice! Definitely looking forward to this trip more now that my costs have been cut down a lot (was looking at a regular hotel, down further south at around $140 earlier). Glad I found this forum!

Glad I found this forum!

We're glad you found us too... congratulations on your win!

Nice to see you received a great deal for this trip and are happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

We look forward to hearing about, and helping with, your future travel plans.

Have a great trip!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is a terrific, terrific deal for Chicago in the Summer. Additionally, while the Palmer does have smallish rooms due to the age of the property, is is really one of the most historic properties in the country, with a lobby area that is nothing short of magnificent. While the Loop area is a little quiet at night, this property is conveniently located near transit and there are dining options nearby. Please let me know if you have any city questions/need any recommendations/directions/etc.

Additionally, oddly the 4th of July period is often slow in Chicago - possibly people going elsewhere for vacation during the period, possibly less interest due to there no longer being the Fireworks show in Grant Park (there is still the show at Navy Pier, although I wouldn't recommend it.)

Again though, really nice win and glad you are pleased with the deal.

It definitely suited my needs perfectly! My girlfriend and I were just looking to get away and aren't too big on the whole nightlife scene so this was a double win. I looked into the hotel and heard a lot about how nice it is and how you should visit even if you weren't staying there so definitely very very pleased. When the time gets closer I'm sure I'll eventually have questions and will definitely post again when the time comes.

:)

Aaron is correct that the rooms can be small (although not all are; given that it's a slow week, if you're nice to the desk person you might get an upgrade-type of room if you ask) but the lobby is wonderful. It's also *very* centrally located in the Loop, at State and Monroe. The entrance to the Red Line is pretty much literally right outside the door. Millenium Park, Michigan Ave, Art Institute, Chicago Cultural Center (don't miss it!), etc. are just a short walk away. A good website for researching restaurants is LTHForum.com.

In terms of upgrades, there are some larger rooms with two bathrooms (one room, but two bathrooms - the Hilton Towers downtown also has this.)

Instead of room service, there's a Corner Bakery on the outside corner of the building (corner of Monroe and Wabash, I believe.)

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]