Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Hotel Felix Chicago

yakigyoza
By yakigyoza,
in

I'm visiting Chicago on 04/26/2013 - 04/29/2013. I can get a W Hotel City Center room for $144 through a colleague who works for Starwood but I want to see what other options I have first.

I'm looking for at least a hotel with 4 stars. I tried a maximum bid of $130 on Priceline for a 4.5* Hotel in the North Michigan Ave - River North Area which I assumed was the Omni Hotel but my offer wasn't accepted. Before placing a bid on a 4* Hotel on Priceline, I wanted to see what the Hotwire options were first. If any of you can help me ID these hotels, that would make my decision a whole heck of a lot easier.

Here is what interested me.

1)

4-star Hotel in Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park - Grant Park - $111.00

-$242 other sites*

-1.5 - 2.5 mi from city center

-90% Hotwire Users Recommended

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Braille or raised signage

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

2)

4-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - River North - $141

-$206 other sites*

-0.6 - 2.0 mi from city center

-90% Hotwire Users Recommended

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Business Center

3)

4-star Hotel in Chicago Loop - Theater District - $129

-$213 other sites*

-1.0 - 2.2 mi from city center

-85% Hotwire Users Recommended

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Best guess for each:

4-star Hotel in Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park - Grant Park - $111.00

==> Hilton Chicago

4-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - River North - $141

==> are you still seeing a Pet Friendly amenity with this listing as it's not appearing when i search HOTWIRE for your dates

3)

4-star Hotel in Chicago Loop - Theater District - $129

==> no guess... AaronJB may have some ideas/suggestions

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'd guess W City Center as a possibility for the Loop property, although that's really just a guess.

The Gold Coast zone isn't central, but there's easy access to public transit and a lot of restaurant/shopping options nearby - there's a 4* in the GC zone for $94 (the prices you see may vary slightly), as well.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks AaronJB,

I hadn't even thought about considering the GC zone. I saw the deal you mentioned. Do you happen to know what that hotel might be?

4-star Hotel in Chicago Gold Coast - Lake Shore Drive - $94

-$178 other sites

-1.0 - 1.7 mi from city center

-90% Hotwire User Recommended

Hotel Amenities:

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

This exact amenity set hasn't been ID'd/reported to the board, but the core amenities (fitness, restaurant, internet, business) are relatively common (Drake, Knickerbocker, Sutton Place.) Knickerbocker does not appear to allow pets (according to Expedia/Travelocity/etc), but the others do. While it could always be a new amenity set for a previously reported property, I'd guess the Drake or Sutton would be possibilities.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'm still trying to lock down a good deal for my trip. Last night I used PriceLine's Bidding for $106 in the North Michigan Avenue for a 4* minimum property but not luck. I will probably increase my max bid to $120 tonight but I'm still looking at Hotwire and found these two properties today. I looked on the forum but could not find any matches. These hotels aren't in my ideal area but they are pretty cheap rates.

1) Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park - Grant Park area - $108 / night

90% HW Recommended

Amenities:

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

2) Chicago Loop - Theater District Area Hotel - $87 / night

90% HW Recommended

Amenities:

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

AaronJB -

Yeah, I'm looking for more of a newer hotel, something more urban chic than old traditional. It can be boutique like the Ivy or something recently renovated like the Raffaelo. I'd say Sofitel would be best for the location but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg since I'd rather be spending money on food and tasting menus.

After looking around, I was willing to choose the Palmer on HOTWIRE for $85 a night even though it was older and wasn't in my ideal location. Before booking it though, I tried my luck one last time on PRICELINE using the 4* min, North Michigan Ave - River North Area. I ended up winning Hotel Felix for $100 a night!

I just replied to you AaronJB saying I wanted something more urban chic and this hotel definitely fits the bill. I read reviews saying the rooms are really small but I'm willing to go smaller for a more convenient location. This forum rocks and AaronJB, thanks for being so responsive. You're a true rockstar bud.

thereuare,

I forgot to thank you as well. You were the first to respond. This must be listed somewhere on the FAQ but when I edited the thread to report the win, even though I selected PL in the details, my response showed up in the HW section since that is where the thread started. Now it's in the appropriate section. How would I move it into the appropriate section? Thanks again for the help.

It appears the threads the threads have been merged.

Very happy to help and thank you for your compliments! :)

This property does have smaller rooms (it was a renovation of an older pre-existing property and maybe they were not able to or didn't want to expand rooms.) However, I think it's actually in a really convenient location sort of in-between the restaurants and nightlife of the River North area and the Michigan Ave. shopping area. Let us know if you need any city recommendations.

Enjoy your stay.

I'm starting research on the restaurants I want to try during my trip.

Obviously, Alinea is one name that comes to mind but the friend I'm visiting has already been there said he wasn't impressed with their tasting. So we're also thinking of Graham Elliot, L20, and Tru. I believe someone in the group also wanted to try Sun Wah. Is there any not to be missed restaurant and if so, do you know which dishes should be ordered?

Thanks again for all the help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]