Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Hermosa Beach - Redondo Beach) Portofino Hotel and Marina

biddingdan
By biddingdan,
in

Hi all,

I wanted to give you some fresh rejected bid data for a zone that's not yet listed on the hotel list.

For the night of 4/27/13-4/28/13, I bid in Long Beach (Rancho Palos Verdes). Using the many free rebid zones available for 4*, I was rejected on $10 increments from $60 to $100.

At 3.5*, I only had one free rebid, and was rejected at $60 and $70.

I'll try again in a few days and report back.

Used the BB PRICELINE link.

Another round of bidding shows that successful bids in RPV must be extremely high:

4* rejected up to $250

3.5* rejected up to $170

3* rejected up to $170

There's probably only one 4* hotel in RPV, the Terranea, which has website rates starting at $380.

Also, I'm finished bidding in RPV, so can one of the admins change the title of this post to:

Long Beach (Rancho Palos Verdes) rejected bids: 4* $250; 3.5* $170; 3* $170

Thank you.

Started bidding low, increased in $10 increments using free rebid zones. $130 was rejected, increased to $140.

I'm guessing $140 is in a gray area that required some sort of manual response from hotels in the area, because Priceline didn't have a response for 5+ minutes, offering this message on screen:

"Thank you for your request

In most cases, we'll be able to tell you whether or not you got your hotel room within 15 minutes. We're still working on your hotel room request, and should have an answer for you soon. You can also get your answer at any time by clicking on the 'Check Your Requests' button at the top of the priceline.com home page.

Please wait several minutes and click the 'Check My Offer Status' button to see if we have an answer for you."

Eventually accepted at the Portofino. Hotel website best rate is $199.

Details:

Summary of Charges

Offer Price:

avg. per room, per night

$140.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 1 + Add nights for the same rate!

Travel Insurance: $5.00

Room Subtotal: $145.00

Taxes & Fees: $30.08

Total Charged to Card: $175.08

Wow, big difference in rates for Friday-Saturday ($100) than Saturday-Sunday ($140) (see my other win on this same property)!

I'm very glad I didn't get lazy and use the "add nights" feature after my $140 victory.

(Mind you, the hotel website lists the same $199 starting price as it does for Sat-Sun...)

Started bidding at $80, used free rebids and worked up to $100. Accepted.

Summary of Charges

Offer Price:

avg. per room, per night

$100.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 1 + Add nights for the same rate!

Room Subtotal: $100.00

Taxes & Fees: $23.40

Total Charged to Card: $123.40

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're happy with the results.

The message you saw requiring an extra 5 minute wait to get a response is displayed if PRICELINE has a lot of requests in the queue or a communication issue... we used to see it much more often, but it still pops up from time-to-time.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Are you sure you want to merge the threads? Rancho Palos Verdes is listed on Priceline separately under the Long Beach area. And it's listed on BB under "California (all other cities)" -- whereas this Hermosa-Redondo win thread, obviously, is related to the Los Angeles area and is listed on BB under "California > Los Angeles".

Also, it might be useful to BB users to have the Rancho Palos Verdes rejection data under "California (all other cities)" because that's where they'd probably be looking for it. Nobody else seems to have posted win/rejects for Rancho Palos Verdes on BB.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]