Hotwire Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

chadomac
By chadomac,
in

Is there some event going on 5/8-5/12 in New Orleans that I'm not aware of?

Was I just bidding too early?

I have been trying to get a 3 star (or better) hotel in the Downtown/French Quarter areas for well over a month now and with no success. The highest I've bid is $85. I've Pricelined really nice 3 and 4 star hotels in the past in NOLA for $60-75 per night - this is the first time I've struggled this long to find something.

I'm considering dropping my expectations to 2.5 stars in the downtown area and hoping that I get the Royal St. Charles hotel that others have been getting. I would be completely happy with that hotel - especially at a rate of $50ish per night.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm hoping I just was bidding too early and I will be able to land something cheaper over the next few weeks.

I am setting up a bachelor party and had a hard time getting my hotel rooms for cheaper too. I had to go all the way up to $105 (for a 4*) on May 10th-13th. I few of us are getting in a day early and I was able to get the May 9th one night stay for only $65. I dont think theres anything big going on that weekend. This was on of the cheaper weekends to fly into New Orleans for me. The jazz festival is the weekend before it. BTW, I got the Mariott in French Quarters.

Thanks for the info... I couldn't find any event calendars noting something that would drive prices up so I'm a little surprised rates are so high.

I'm actually getting married out there myself on the 13th. We're switching to a fancier/nice hotel the last 3 nights of our stay, but need something for those first four nights. Hopefully something opens up.

Thank you! Still trying, no success yet. I would be totally happy with the Royal St. Charles, so I tried up to $65 for a 2.5 star downtown but it didn't work. Crazy.

Is there a resource with a list of hotels that take reservations without a fee? I am starting to get nervous and want to put a back-up plan in place... but I don't know where to look.

Do you mean a reservation that doesn't charge a booking fee, a reservation that is cancelable, OR a reservation that doesn't require any payment in advance?

While not all rates shown are fully refundable, i'd take a look at our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com as it has an excellent filter that will make it easy to see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay further/closer from your ideal location.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying for literally months to get something decent for this span of dates and prices were just too high for me on Priceline. I gave Hotwire a try and saw a 4 star for $70 a night. I was bidding $85+ per night for 3 star hotels in Downtown/French Quarter for over a month without success... so I had to bite.

I'm a little disappointed with the location just because I'm worried that stretch of area between the Superdome and French Quarter won't be the safest to walk at night... so if anyone knows the area... please feel free to chime in. I'm definitely happy with the price and level of hotel.

Congrats on your success. :)

Hopefully others familiar with NOL can chime in on the area, but a nice price and hopefully the hotel will work out okay.

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this listing? This information is available under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account (click "my account" in the upper corner of HOTWIRE.)

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]