Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (Crystal City) Sheraton Crystal City Hotel

Seattle
By Seattle,
in

The American Assoc of Cancer Research is in DC the 6th - 10th and I've had the most difficulty ever finding a room(s) for my trip 6th - 9th. Rooms in the DC proper areas (Downtown, Whitehouse, Foggy Bottom etc.) are all running $300 - $600 per night. And anything near Reagan for the same time period was running $225+ for 3.5 star on both Hotwire and Priceline.

Finally, at last minute while I'm sitting here in the Delta Lounge at JFK, and 4 hours before I arrive, I saw a fare on Hotwire pop-up for a 3.5* in Crystal City at $141.

I quickly used PRICELINE links and started at $100 for 3.5* Crystal City and was countered at $124. I added Downtown and went to $110 and was accepted. I had to over-pay for one night in Crystal City on Hotwire, but the net/net is bearable. I'll have a hotel change tomorrow, but they're both close to one another, so not a big deal.

I've never run into a situation like this before, but it's nice to know that even at the very last minute, with a big convention in a city, some inventory can suddenly pop-up in the last minute as late cancellations come in.

Thanks to the BB Community, and for ThereUAre...congrats on seeing your MI Wolverines in the Final Four. My BlueDevils lost out....again.

- Seattle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]