Priceline Hotel: 4* Philadelphia (Convention Center - Mid Center City) Marriott Philadelphia Downtown

n2ny
By n2ny,
in

There's no way to know, unfortunately. With Spring, rates are going to trend higher, but if graduations are going on - there's no way to know - but I think you're going to have a situation where hotels are going to anticipate walk-ins and not going to discount aggressively. I hope that's not the case though and that some inventory comes online within the next two weeks.

Please keep us updated on what you decide, and I would watch HOTWIRE and PRICELINE Express rate trends as an indicator.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Here's an interesting discovery: I was looking to book two nights -- Saturday and Sunday. But when I just look for Sunday night, the prices go down. I wonder if I just book Sunday if they'll offer me the book another night option?

And yes, I ALWAYS use your links !

n2ny

Thanx for using boards PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links :)

I wonder if I just book Sunday if they'll offer me the book another night option?

I doubt that they will offer you Saturday night for a lower price. Have in mind that the hotel got plenty of bookings if the price is that high.

In most cases you'll need to "break" the most expensive night to get the rest of the stay.

What is the price Saturday VS Sunday?

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Yellowdog.

On Priceline Express, Saturday night is $300+ for a 3.5* in Rittenhouse - $235 for a 4* at Penns Landing. On Name Your Own Price, Convention Center average is $1225 and Rittenhouse average for a 3.5* is $419 !

Sunday night drops to $172 (Rittenhouse) and $133 for a 4* (Convention Center). Name Your own Price Rittenhouse average is $229.

Sunday (one night) is very doable, as the first graduation ceremony is Sunday evening @ 6pm, and the main ceremony is Monday morning.

What do is mean to "break" the more expensive day?

What do is mean to "break" the more expensive day?

Hotels load a minimum price they will take in PRICELINE's database. And since Saturday is the most expensive day for your stay is the is the minimum price for your stay based on the hotels inventory on Saturday and not the cheaper Sunday rates. This is why i don't think you'll be able to extend your stay to the more expensive Saturday.

I hope this helps.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have you considered the adjacent Priceline areas? They show on the Priceline map as sort of brown/tan. When you scroll over them, you get a note you can click on "go there now". If you click through, you will be able to bid on those areas.

They also are listed right below the map. The first adjacent area listed is Philadelphia, PA Suburbs.

Maybe the higher rates haven't spread out into those areas?

Romelle

success ! decided to go just for Sunday and got the Marriot Downtown for $105/night. And they gave me the option to extend the stay (which I haven't yet decided to do). will post separately as a win. Thanks for all the help. And used your link, of course.

$105.00

Taxes & Fees: $23.27

Total: $128.27

Happy to have finally landed a room in a great hotel for college graduation weekend. What an ordeal, but I swear that Tuesday is the best day to bid. Love the Marriot (though I'm used to paying much less for it).

Used your link, as always.

success ! decided to go just for Sunday and got the Marriot Downtown for $105/night. And they gave me the option to extend the stay (which I haven't yet decided to do). will post separately as a win. Thanks for all the help. And used your link, of course.

I'm glad this first night worked for you.

Romelle

FYI - For the option to extend, you can't assume it will be at the same rate I've experienced situations where the extended rate was a whole lot higher than what I'd paid on the initial bid. You only get one shot at the extension. It can be either before or after your bid date(s), but not on both sides. And it can only be for the number of nights of the original bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]