Priceline Hotel: 5* Budapest (Pest) Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge

mphysick
By mphysick,
in

I am trying to find a 5* room in Budapest for the 6 nights from 6/2/13 to 6/8/13. I am prepared to bid up to $100. I have tried unsuccessfully bidding up to $100, using the 1 rebid zone. I have also tried splitting the stay into 2, 3 night stays. I was wondering whether I am being unrealistic with this price or should I keep trying and see if prices come down?

I wouldn't call your bid at $100 unrealistic. Looks like there is a good amount of 5* with very good/low prices for your zone. The problem is that i'm not that familiar with Budapest. So i don't know how the prices "move" here. The hotels might not have loaded any PRICELINE inventory yet in your bidding range.

I wouldn't split the stay yet. Keep trying and keep track of the prices would i say.

But have you looked at HOTWIRE, they have a 5* priced $98 with a TA rating at 4.5/5

Let us know how we can help you further.

Yellowdog.

• 2 weeks later...

I have still not been successful bidding for a 5* in Budapest. This morning I note that Priceline now lists Buda as now having a 5* hotel (previously only a 4* zone). There are no 5* hotels listed on your hotels page, so this is obviously a new hotel which Priceline are offering.

You shouldn't be far away on your bidding.

One of the 5* hotels on the retail side is only $122 (I didn't map it. It might be in Buda).

And Priceline Express has a Pest 5* for $130 and a Buda 5* for $145. I vote with yellowdog for just patiently and persistently continuing to try.

If you truly don't mind having to move, and it starts getting closer to your date, you could bid all 7 days, then a 3/4 split, followed by a 4/3 split.

Romelle

Well I finally had success! I split my trip in half. I won Sofitel Chain Bridge from 2-5 June for $115. Tried to extend my stay, but it said I needed to pay another $33 a night. So I bid $115 again for 5-8 June and won the Intercontinental! They are adjacent each other, so that works well. Do I report each bid as a new post?

Thanks for your help.

M

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]