Priceline Hotel: 5* Hotel Vegas Strip

quaching tiger
By quaching tiger,
in

Hi everyone, I am back again.

I'm looking for a 5* room on the las vegas strip from June 21st - June 23rd. However, I have a few questions.

1. Whats the recommended rate I should start at when bidding for that weekend and whats the recommended increments if I don't succeed initially?

2. I believe i have the gist of the bidding strategy (bid, if i fail, try again adding a rebidding zone). Just to clarify, in addition to adding a rebidding zone, I also increase the price, correct? Or do I keep my bid the same, and add another bid zone.

I also do not care if its in the north or south, just not the Trump Hotel.

Thank you in advance, everyone.

Welcome back :)

First of all, re-read your previous Priceline Las Vegas post, thereuare explained everything very good in that thread. But please note, always double-check your zones before each bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed since previously checking.

1. Whats the recommended rate I should start at when bidding for that weekend and whats the recommended increments if I don't succeed initially?

Let us know your budget/night before tax/fees and we'll take a look at this.

2. I believe i have the gist of the bidding strategy (bid, if i fail, try again adding a rebidding zone). Just to clarify, in addition to adding a rebidding zone, I also increase the price, correct? Or do I keep my bid the same, and add another bid zone.

Yes, you increase the price with your rebidding zones. Staying at the same price don't help you since you got rejected

I also do not care if its in the north or south, just not the Trump Hotel.

Don't use Strip North Vicinity - Condo and you'll avoid the Trump Towers. And i say it again, double-check your zones before each bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed since previously checking.

Let us know if you have any additional questions arround your bidding.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

First of all, re-read your previous Priceline Las Vegas post, thereuare explained everything very good in that thread. But please note, always double-check your zones before each bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed since previously checking.

Yes of course, I'll use my old post as reference.

Let us know your budget/night before tax/fees and we'll take a look at this.

The cheaper the better! Before taxes and fee's...hopefully < $150.

Yes, you increase the price with your rebidding zones. Staying at the same price don't help you since you got rejected

Got it.

Don't use Strip North Vicinity - Condo and you'll avoid the Trump Towers. And i say it again, double-check your zones before each bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed since previously checking.

Yes, i'll make sure to not include north vicinity.

Keep in mind when bidding for a 4* that PRICELINE's star rating levels go: 4*, RESORT and then 5*. There have been a number of people who have bid in a particular zone (Summerlin) thinking that there are no 4*'s and then get upgraded to resort and stuck in a zone they don't want. Definitely check star ratings each time before starting to bid and let us know if you have any questions before bidding. Regular rate prices can be checked by using Expedia, HOTWIRE's regular rate side, hotels.com, etc. You can also use the Bidding Helper tool under the tools menu towards the top left corner of the Betterbidding page.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

quaching tiger

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

PRICELINE has changed the bidding categories today so we need to look into this.

Yellowdog.

So I did my hw, if I wanted a 4* hotel on the LV Strip, my bid/rebid zones are:

Boulder Strip

Henderson

Speedyway

North Vicinity

South Strip

North Strip

Correct?

I have not looked at Hotwire, it looks a little more intimidating and complicated than Priceline.

What can you tell me about it?

No, this isn't the correct zones. It's very important that you know how to determ your zones or you can end up in a zone you don't want to stay in.

Yellowdog.

You are looking for zones that do *not* have 4* or above. Additionally, you should use the zone selection screen during the bidding process to determine re-bid zones, not the list on this website. Please confirm zone/s that do not have 4* or above when you use that screen.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

quaching tiger

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is as follows:

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter Las Vegas and your dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone in the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

THINGS TO NOTE WHEN USING THIS STRATEGY:

-Don't use our database of previous hotels to determine what zones contain what star ratings, as our list is NOT complete and new hotels are added all the time and star levels can change at any time.

-when checking star levels in a given zone, only ONE zone/sub-zone should be selected at a time.

-the zone you add (that you really don't want) must NOT have the star level you are bidding OR HIGHER. If you are bidding 3* and add a zone that does not have 3* but does have 4*, Priceline can upgrade you to the 4*! When you selelct a star level, it is the MINIMUM star level that you are willing to accept.

Have you changed your mind about staying at Trump Towers?

Yellowdog.

Honestly, I really thought I understood this whole bidding process until the 4* question came up. Could you please list me the bid zones if i wanted to stay at a 4* hotel on the LV strip. (I know you guys would rather have me figure it out on my own so I can understand the process, but i BEST learn buy an example)

Fellas, I really appreciate the help here and I'm probably frustrating you guys with all of my questions.

And I'm still not sure about Trump Towers.

quaching tiger

Could you please list me the bid zones if i wanted to stay at a 4* hotel on the LV strip.

We have never done this for reasons allready explained.

This is how we going to do since i can't break it down further for you or explain in a diffrent way how to do this.

Admin (thereuare) is back on the board mid next week. Please bump your thread Wednesday night and he will take over from here.

I wish you good luck with your hotel and stay :)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Try the following...

1) Use the PRICELINE search box on the upper right of this page, enter 'Las Vegas, NV' and your dates, and click "GO".

2) List each zone that is offered in this region.

3) Next to each zone list the highest star rating offered in the zone. The way to determine the highest star rating offered in the zone is by selecting the first zone i the list, then scrolling down to see the highest star rating selectable (ie- not greyed out). NEXT UNcheck the selected zone, place a checkmark in the next zone, and repeat the process for each zone in the region. Each time you take note of the highest star rating in the zone, make sure that only ONE zone is selected above.

4) post your findings and we'll take it from there

If you don't follow the above just post back and we'll break it down further.

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying, thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

OK, all the info above is correct... so do you see how if you were to bid for a 5* hotel and included in the bidding the Strip South and Airport zones, that it would have to be in the Strip South zone (since all hotels in the Airport zone are below the minimum star rating threshold you have set for your bidding)

Does that make sense?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]