Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 3.5* condo near Strip east

twriter
By twriter,
in

I had such a nice time celebrating my (mmph mmph) birthday in Vegas last summer by staying much more "upscale" than I'm used to (I found a decent deal at the Platinum for $100/night) that I'm thinking of doing it again. And part of my research os to look at the rates in mid-August on Hotwire. And I found something very intriguing, something that I can't identify from the current hotel lists. I found it be restricting my search results on Hotwire to condos only.

This is a 3.5* property in the near Strip - east zone. for Aug. 14-19, I'm seeing a rate of $85/night--and with no "resort" fees. It's rated 100% in reviews and has the following amenities listed:

This Condo features the following amenities:

Suite

Free Parking

Free Internet

Studio

Air-Conditioning

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

24-hour Front Desk

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Kitchenette

Accessible for the blind

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Condo

I want to make it clear that I'm still in the early research stage and am not "ready" to bid yet--I"ve not even committed to taking this trip. Yet. It's just an idea. (Nut one that might very wall happen.)

But finding this has me curious, and a deal such as this might tip my hand. So I appreciate any info anyone might have.

I'd guess maybe the Hilton Grand Vacation Suites on Karen Ave.

Interesting guess. It's a nice place all right. But I'm seeing a non-blind price for that property for $81/night from several sources. I'd be pretty ticked off if I took that Hotwire bid and saw these listings.

It looks like there's a dearth of data in that zone for 3.5* properties. Wonder if they just don't get taken that often because most people probably prefer Strip rooms.

The majority of bidders do want to be on the Strip - unfortunately, there have been less (and it would seem as if increasingly less over the last couple of years) reports to the board regarding hotels in other nearby areas.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and if you have additional questions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the info. To update, as requested, I ended up booking for this weekend the Eastside Cannery for $31/night (non-blind). Not sure they offer rooms via Hotwire; I think only Sam's Town rooms are in that area at that star level--but non-blind rooms seem to be cheaper here at EC that any other places blind, and include free wifi as well. It's newer property with very nice rooms. If you're looking to stay in this area of Vegas on HOTWIRE, I'd actually recommend trying to find deals on the consolidator websites, which will often be better than what HOTWIRE offers for other properties.

On a related note, thinking about returning for Thanksgiving, and this same 3.5* condo pops up on HOTWIRE for $66/night. One of these days I might take the deal, and if so, I'll post it on here.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]