Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Miami (Downtown) Hilton Miami Downtown

optimus11
By optimus11,
in

hi, i am looking to book a hotel in miami using priceline (mia airport area)

im traveling on July 8th 2013 - July 22nd 2013

do u think its too early to bid?

its a pretty long stay 14nights

will it be better to break up my stay into 2 parts or more or

do u think i will get a better deal using the entire stay?

i am looking to spend approx $50/ night maximum

what star rating do think i will get for that price

thanks for all ur help

(ps i used this site on my last visit and was sucessful using ur suggested bidding stategy)

optimus11

No need to splitting your stay to start with. I allways say, start bidding when your dates are fixed. This will give you time to start bidding at a higer star ratings with a lower price without any preassure when "low balling". also, prices at airport hotels can be a bit unpredictable and you have a longer stay.

Let us know if you need help with a bidding strategy or if you need any further help with your stay.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I don't think it's too early to try to bid (purchase timing is discussed in more detail in the FAQ), but I would not bid aggressively. Rates for these date/s look fairly similar in the MIA area across the board, so breaking up the stay could probably be a secondary option. Just to confirm, is your max $50 "all-in" (including tax/fees) or $50 + taxes/fees?

If you are looking for a $50 max bid, I think a 3* is possible (it may take $55-58, but I'd start at $40, then try $42, then $45, then $47, then $50.)

Please let us know if you have any questions before bidding.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

We will use this thread for the first leg of your trip, July 6-10 in Fort Lauderdale... please start a NEW TOPIC for the second leg of your trip.

For Fort Lauderdale, which zones are acceptable and what is your desired star rating and maximum bid?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We will use this thread for the first leg of your trip, July 6-10 in Fort Lauderdale... please start a NEW TOPIC for the second leg of your trip.

For Fort Lauderdale, which zones are acceptable and what is your desired star rating and maximum bid?

for ft lauderdale, the zones im looking at are, airport, airport north, beach area, and downtown

i am comfortable with 3 star and above

my maximum bid would be $50

$50 "all-in" is unfortunately not going to be enough for South Beach Central, Collins, Ocean Drive. Unfortunately, it is going to be difficult for a $50 "all-in" bid at/near the airport, as well, as a $50 "all-in" is about a $38-39 bid. I think that may be enough for a 2* or 2.5* by the airport.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

$50 "all-in" is unfortunately not going to be enough for South Beach Central, Collins, Ocean Drive. Unfortunately, it is going to be difficult for a $50 "all-in" bid at/near the airport, as well, as a $50 "all-in" is about a $38-39 bid. I think that may be enough for a 2* or 2.5* by the airport.

opps i made a mistake, i meant to say i am willing to bid up to $50, do u think that would be enough to get a 3 *?

i kind knew i wouldnt be able to get anything in the south beach area, but i wouldnt mind staying there

i just wanted to increase my zones so i could get more bids in.

so i started the bidding at $35 just to see if it would get accepted, i added the other zones and increased my bid by a $1

it wasnt accepted. i didnt reach my $50 maximum bid though. this was all at 3.5 star rating

today i decided to bid again and reduce my star rating, i started my bid at $40 for the airport area, but then i see a red box at the bottom

saying the bid is too low.

when i put 3.5 star though the $40 bid looks to be ok, since the red box does not appear.

so is it possible that the lower star rating would be more expensive?

optimus11

I doubt that you will hit beach or DT zones in Fort Lauderdale when bidding this low. You might get something in the airport zone.

The purpose with the "red box" is just a way to trying to get you to raise your bid. Don't pay attentition to it. We have plenty of reports from members that got a win when this was showing.

Let us know how we can help you further.

Yellowdog.

optimus11

i just wanted to increase my zones so i could get more bids in.

I don't follow you here. You can use any zone you like as long as you're prepared to stay in the zone you use when bidding for it.

I would also say that the Airport zone is your best bet when bidding for 3*. But you should include all zones you're willing to stay in.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Yellowdog.

optimus11

I don't follow you here. You can use any zone you like as long as you're prepared to stay in the zone you use when bidding for it.

I would also say that the Airport zone is your best bet when bidding for 3*. But you should include all zones you're willing to stay in.

Keep us updated and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Yellowdog.

yep i am willing to stay in any one of those zones i chose.

optimus11

I doubt that you will hit beach or DT zones in Fort Lauderdale when bidding this low. You might get something in the airport zone.

The purpose with the "red box" is just a way to trying to get you to raise your bid. Don't pay attentition to it. We have plenty of reports from members that got a win when this was showing.

Yellowdog.

ohhh i didnt realise i could go ahead with the bid if the red box came up

i will try to rebid again later on today

i am willing to go up to $50 bids doh, but since its this early i just low balling to see if get through

I think your best bet in both instances (FTL and Miami) for these dates is probably going to be near the airports, where there are a lot of hotels and more competition for business - $50 may be difficult for a 3*, but I would definitely be persistent and hopefully you will get accepted at at least the 2.5* level.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I think your best best is probably the airport area, although if you are looking at the 3* level, it's probably going to take a bit more than $50 (I'm guessing $55-65, but you can try $40, then $45, then $50 first.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

ok so i tried bidding with $45 airport area, denied

then $50 added doral, denied

then 51 added sobe collins, denied

then 53 added sobe central, denied

what should i do now, do u think i should split?

optimus11

No need to split your stay after one try. I'm with AaronJB here, you're bidding to low and got a longer stay. You need to raise your budget, not by much but i would say atleast $60.

Yellowdog.

i really didnt want to go over my budget, if i lower the star rating to 2.5*

how much do u think i should begin bidding with?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]