Hotwire Hotel: Please help ID secret hotel 4 star Downtown - SoHo - Financial District 23/10 - 28/10 ($275)

smelliemellie
By smelliemellie,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding.

The issue is that September-early December is generally the busiest time of the year, at least traditionally. I have seen some instances in recent years of people getting good deals in advance and rates rise as it gets into the period. There is no way to know what rates for these date/s will do between now and October, but if past years are any indication, I'd be persistent in trying to lock something in.

Is your max $180 + taxes/fees or $180 "all-in"? I think TS is going to be unlikely, but I think there's a chance that you may be able to get something in the $155-175 range, especially in MTE (you didn't list that as an acceptable zone, but given that it neighbors ESB, would that be acceptable?) HOTWIRE has a 4* in MTE for $185.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Any chance you could extend your previous stay to the nite of the 24th, as it may be easier to bid all weekend nites of 10/25-10/28 (Fri-Mon) as opposed to including the Thursday nite. Doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be successful now with a $180 bid, but i do think bidding Fri-Mon would improve improve your chances vs. Thur-Monday.

Also, although you're already staying in the MTE prior to these nites, given this is a 'high-season' for NYC i would book this Roosevelt NYC for $195/nite as it's fully refundable (always confirm the terms during the booking process) up until a few days before your stay... at least this way you're protected should rates only rise from this point forward.

Where, and for how much and which dates, are you stay the nites prior to the dates in this thread?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

smelliemellie

Please keep all posts in the same thread since posts are for the same stay.

I can't get the same hotel to appear on my standard search for 2 adults. How many rooms/adults/children did you search for? Can you please run a new search and confirm that you still can see this hotel on your search.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]