Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills - West Hollywood) Hyatt Regency Century Plaza

thegirlwho
By thegirlwho,
in

Hey all

Wondered if anyone would have some clue as to what price (approx) it will take to secure a hotel room in LA in Hollywood/West Hollywood/Beverly Hills preferably a 4*. Now I've started bidding early again - so I know that may not be helping, but I've gone up to $94.00 at the moment. Budget ideally would be no more than that.

I would be happy to go down to a 3.5* if it meant keeping within budget but I don't think anyone seems to win a 3.5* by the look of the board so far.

Any help as always would be appreciated. Do I wait a while and then bid again in a few months time? If I could secure a 3* that was not the Dixie. But the 3* rule would really only apply in Hollywood.

Have thought about bidding for the Mon-Thur only and then adding the Sunday after but have so far bid on that also and had no luck.

Thanks all :)

At current rate i think you'll likely looking in the $145-$165 area for a 4* hotel in one of these zones.

SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID may save you ~$50-$75 in total but you'll likely need to change properties.

Let us know your thoughts and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've noticed that some people have won the W hotel for under $100.00 so do you think the fact we are there on the lead up to Labor Weekend or that we're there on a Sunday is not helping?

We could split our stay but presumably that would only be 2 nights and then 2 nights? Do you think we could get a 4* both times if so?

Like I said, we could drop down to a 3* in Hollywood if it guarantees staying under budget but as always, I'm guessing I would likely have to go down the Hotwire path to ensure we don't get the Dixie? The Dixie could obviously be a last resort but has mixed reviews at the moment so not sure about it.

FYR - I am currently booked into a B&B for the full 4 nights as a back up but cancellation can be made up to 4 weeks in advance of the trip so we could wait if it means the prices could come down closer to the time.

Thanks for your help as always

I had looked earlier at the possibility of splitting 2nites/2nites and it didn't really help you... the Sunday nite is cheaper then the other 3 nites, so you would want to split 1nite/3nite (at least based upon current pricing).

At current rates i don't think a 4* hotel for less than $100 is possible.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ok thereuare. Thanks for the tip.

I guess I was just after some advice in regards to whether the prices are likely to reduce closer to the time. Is August popular time for LA?

I'll look into the one night and then the 3 nights to see if that works. Do you think even for the one night, i'm still looking at $100+?

Thanks

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your stay... it all depends upon how actual demand (new reservations and cancellations) comes in relative to expected demand.

At the moment i do think that the solo Sunday nite will cost you a little more than $100/nite, but i wouldn't lock that in now until you get the 3 nite stay taken care of, imo. This way you still have the opportunity to first try bidding all 4 nites together, and if unsuccessful, then try for the last 3 nites. Since Sunday should be the easier nite, take care of the other nites first.

In the meantime you may want to try and find a refundable back-up to protect yourself from rates rising from here (instead of coming down like you're hoping for). You can try our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which shoudl make it easy to see how much more/less it would cost go stay closer/further from your desired location or up/down in star rating (but not all rates there are refundable do you'll need to read the terms of each offer)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Ok no problem, thanks for the advice.

Like I said we have a B&B already provisionally booked which is perfect location for what we're there for. The whole touristy thing pretty much! So either way, we have a back up fortunately :)

We've relooked at the budget and could probably stretch to a total of $490.00 inc taxes. Do you think this will get us a 4* property in Hollywood?

Hotwire is currently not showing anything within budget but that would be an option obviously. Again, a 3* would be acceptable in Hollywood providing we could somehow ensure it wasn't the Dixie.

Hope this all helps - FYR, I have tried bidding up to $97.00 today. So the increments so far have been $85-97 with no luck.

We've relooked at the budget and could probably stretch to a total of $490.00 inc taxes.

What is your maximum bid amount... before fees/taxes?

What is your rate at your back-up location?

At the 4* level you're currently bidding i would bid up to your maximum bid as current rates are substantially higher and any win near the $110 level would be considered a good deal.

When bidding 4* in the Los Angeles region you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Hollywood...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Hollywood...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Hollywood and Beverly Hills/West Hollywood...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Hey

Have followed the strategy stated with no luck up to $110.00.

I'll stick with the B&B we have and maybe try again in a few months. Being in the UK, our budget may change dependent on the exchange rate so if it goes up, we can obviously go higher.

Will keep you updated though - thanks for your help so far :)

Thanks Aaron.

Can I just ask - do you think there is any reason why that particular week is particularly expensive? I have looked at a few dates around then and it doesn't seem to be so high.

If no reason for this, then makes me feel better and hopefully the prices could change again over the coming months :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all

Just a quick update on the below.

Decided to split our hotel bids and have so far now won the Hyatt for $160 which we are still happy with considering the rates are much higher elsewhere online for that date. Going to try for the other 3 nights now and aim solely for Hollywood.

Could anyone tell me why the rates do seem to be higher for the dates I am there though? Seem to be quite high compared to other dates stated on this forum?

Thanks

Laura

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]