Hotwire Hotel: Need Help for 4* Wailea-Makena

By 1291,
in

I need your help for a best guess for Hotwire listing for a 4 star hotel in the Wailea-Makena area of Maui.

Amenities listed are:

Resort

Beachfront Property

Fitness center

Business Center

Pool(s)

Free parking

Restaurants

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High speed internet access

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Children's Activity Program

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Handicapped parking

Recommended in 95% of Hotwire customer reviews.

Dates: Hotwire May 18, 2013-May 19, 2013 (1 night) 2 adults

Thank you in advance for your help.

Thank you so much for your help. Looking at a map this hotel is much further than we want to stay. We are staying at the Kaanapali Beach Club the first week and the second week at the Westin Kannapali. I have one night between the two I need to find. Thank you again! However, I think I should look in the Kaanapali area.

Let us know if you find anything of interest in the new zone and you can continue this thread with any new requests for this nite.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know whatever you decide for this trip or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since you are going to move anyways, try a different area. Maui offers several different microclimates. Wailea would be an excellent choice(much drier), Hana(Rain forest) Kapalua (tropical) or the high country(like someone moved the Sierras to Maui

imo- The 4.5* Wailea is a really good deal(my guess the Grand Wailea)

OR

Drop your luggage at the Westin and take the Ferry to Lanai or Molokai taking only an overnight bag and spend the day/night there

Some hotels are reclassed back & forth (HOTWIRE is very independent in this matter), for instance the Makena Golf Resort is on the list as a 3.5* but has been reported as a 4 if you look at the list. In my opinion, it can pass for either a 3.5 or 4*(in reality its a 3.75* hotel in a 5 star location). In that same theme, I think the Grand Wailea can pass for a 5*. But you must look at the amenities and/or see if its in review gatherng stage. It might be a new property

It would be so cool if 4 seasons popped up here(just dreaming)

Anyways, I think its important to report ALL the information on wins to allow Aaron & thereuare to compile uptodate lists for all of us to benefit from

However searching on HOTWIRE...

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

If you'd like help with an upcoming stay please start a NEW TOPIC including the dates of your stay, and please click each of the links above before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Let us know if you find anything of interest in the new zone and you can continue this thread with any new requests for this nite.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know whatever you decide for this trip or if we can be of further help.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

I decided to add on a day at the Kaanapali Beach Club through the exchange to fill the day since the price difference was comparable. Thank you!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]