Priceline Hotel: Advice - Traveling from 6/14 - 6/18

thevyrus
By thevyrus,
in

I've never been able to win a hotel stay in NYC through Priceline to this point, and have always to just book straight up.

But I'm determined this time to get it.

My questions, staying that early in the summer, rates right now seem to be pretty high, would it be beneficial for me to wait until I'm closer to book the hotels, or the earlier the better?

I'm willing to stay anywhere on the island that is considered a safe neighborhood, and I'm flying in and out of LGA. I'd also be willing to stay in Long Island City with the addition of some great new hotels in this area, I wouldn't rule it out.

Am I forgotten :(

Tried doing a plan over the weekend tried both on the island or Long Island City...in the city got up to $125 a night even on 3* and same goes for LIC up to $115 a night and nothing.

I might wait a little before trying again, my theory is that its too far in advance for hotels to be desperate to priceline their rooms already.

• 4 weeks later...

3-star Hotel in Long Island City - Greenpoint

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Free Internet

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Indoor pool(s)

<amenity names only please... not descriptions> F

itness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Accessible for the blind

Braille or raised signage Accessible for the deaf

TTY for telephone, visual or flashing fire alarm and vibrating alarm clock

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

Hi. I would suggest trying 1-2wks before travel. Just to give you an idea, for two years in a row I have booked NYC for the July long weekend which you would think would be super expensive, but i got the priceline rated 4-star hotels for around $150/night by bidding 1-2wks ahead of the trip. This year, I will be going for about a week during the time you will be there. I won't be bidding until very close to the date.

• 3 weeks later...