Priceline Hotel: Miami - bidding help needed (Priceline)

Tom Goes Usa
By Tom Goes Usa,
in

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend will be in Miami by car for 2 nights (9/30 - 10/02).

We've never been in Miami, so we dont't know which area to choose.

We would like to stay nearby the beach.

We also need to park our rental car.

When I am looking at Priceline I would say: Miami Beach, South Beach and Miami north beach will be good locations.

Buy which ones do you recommend?

What would be a good price strategy?

We don't know how much we need to bid (min 3,5 stars).

Thanks in advance ;)

It depends what you're looking for...

The main part of South Beach is the South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront zone... followed by the South Beach-Ocean Drive zone. The South Beach Central zone can get a bit more inland and you may not be walkable to the beach. This is the South Beach with all the clubs and nightlife, many of the hotels are older, boutique-y, and independently owned. If you want something a bit quieter then you might want to consider the Miami Beach zone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not sure which 3 zones you're referring to(as there are four zones mentioned above... 3 in SoBe and on in Miami Beach). You should also look at the PRICELINE map (enter Miami, FL) in the search box on the top right corner of the page will take you direct to it) and confirm you're comfortable anywhere in the zone(s) you select. The South Beach Central zone is usually the least expensive of the three SoBe zones but i don't believe has the 'scene' of the waterfront zones... and Miami Beach is much less wild and more 'family friendly' (afaik)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please confirm the zones you'd like to bid, as well as your maximum bid, and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After some research and some help of you, we would say we would prefer next zones:

Miami Beach

South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront

South Beach - Ocean Drive

With a minimum of 3,5 stars, max 111 USD.

Coral Gables - Coconut Grove

With a minimum of 4 stars, max 76 USD.

Are our maximum biddings realistic?

We still have some time, so probably, I will change our maximums when I see other winning bids.

You may be in the right ballpark but not sure if enough for a win, if you're ready to give it a try, in Miami you have SEVEN re-bid zones when bidding 4* and SIX re-bid zones when bidding 3.5*. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* South Beach - Ocean Drive

Select 3.5* Miami Beach

Select 3.5* South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront and South Beach - Ocean Drive

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront and Miami Beach...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront, South Beach - Ocean Drive, Miami Beach

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $111

If the above is rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Coral Cables...

Bid $55, if rejected add South Beach - Collins Avenue Oceanfront (essentially a re-bid zone given your previously rejected bid)...

Bid $58, if rejected add South Beach - Ocean Drive (essentially a re-bid zone given your previously rejected bid)...

Bid $60, if rejected add Miami Beach (essentially a re-bid zone given your previously rejected bid)...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $76

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]