Priceline Hotel: Looking at Dates June 7th-11th or 14th-18th

Canada2012
By Canada2012,
in

Just curious before I do any bidding, is there any big events, conventions etc happening diring these two weekends? If so then I can change the dates to later. Will do 3 nights in the 4 night span, either Fri-Mon or Sat-Tue. Thanks. 4* hotel is what I will be going for like last summer. Much appreciated guys.

Must have misunderstood what I was asking. I have no set budget per night as I am first wanting to know if there is any type of events or conventions in town. If so I will change my dates and then go from there, if not then I will figure out what dates of those I listed and have a budget. No point in having a budget set and then be told "You won't get anything for that price because there is a big convention that week." I am flying from Toronto.

I replied to the Boston Thread, never went ahead with it, could not get anything in my budget. Did not bid on airfare either, I was just curious in that thread. Answered to it as well.

Prices can be higher than expectations during the Summer months without a convention, simply due to traffic. Occasionally, conventions don't have the impact one would expect.

If you search HOTWIRE for these periods, is there anything of interest within your desired price range?

Looking at the convention calendar (http://www.choosechicago.com/meeting-professionals/convention-calendar/), there is a convention during a portion of both periods.

NeoCon® 2013 World's Trade Fair

The Merchandise Mart

Map it 06/10/2013 06/12/2013 40000

Society for Human Resource Management 65th Annual Conference & Exposition

McCormick Place North

Map it 06/16/2013 06/19/2013 15000

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Last summer I got July through the week for three days at the Hyatt for $98 a night and in August through the week at the Blackstone for $101 I think it was. So this summer I was thinking June. Now mind you when I stayed at the Hyatt there was a Pepsi Convention at the Hyatt, but got a decent rate anyhow.

Ouch...might have to go weekdays, that is a bit steep for me. Adding in airfare and the trip is too much. Boston was outpriced and now Chicaho seems for June, so will wait a couple of months and then look at August or September. Spring/Summer is out of the question this year. But I will use this board for info leading up to it as I did last year for my 3 Boston trips.

Thank you for keeping us updated. The first weekend of August in Chicago is Lollapalooza, which often results in substantially higher rates. Mid-august should be fine, and the air/water show (which generally doesn't cause much in the way of hotel traffic, but is worth watching) is usually around the 18th-20th.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I do use the links, thank you to both of you who suggest it. Last year for ALL THREE of my trips to Chicago I used the links. Thanks again for reminding me to use them. Thank you also for the help for a strategy. Used it two years ago for Vegas as well. No need to start a new conversation for Vegas, just mentioning it is all. I am going to play around with my dates. Last year I did go for a WWE PPV in April, this year it is a PPV on Sun June 16th. I will start a new thread IF I DO in fact start bidding on some dates. This thread can be closed now. Thanks guys for all the info.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]