Hotwire Hotel: 3* Orlando (Universal Orlando - I-Drive North) Hawthorn Suites Universal

siuwed
By siuwed,
in

Made a mistake posting first time, stayed here March 7th and 8th.

Won this for $81.00 per night for two nights, $93.00 per night with taxes.

It's on Canada Drive, one block from International Drive.

Location is decent, hotel is not really very nice at all. Small and extremely dated rooms.

Although clean, I would not pay more than $60 a night normal price, and I have won nicer hotels than this in major cities for $40. This is listed under "I-DRIVE NORTH CONDO" on Hotwire.

Thank you for sharing your previous win with the board.

Sorry if you didn't feel this hotel was a good value for the price paid... hopefully your future wins will be more to your liking.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Sorry, AMENITIES: Small Kitchen with dining room table, small living room with 20 year old or better furniture (not comfortable), Old Tube TV, VCR (?), seperate bedroom (very small), and very small bathroom (dingy). Decent little pool and hot tub, ample free parking, convenient to walk to I-drive but definitely a hotel/commercial neighborhood amongst many hotels. Arcade game room, free breakfast which gets pretty crowded close to free bus to park time, I guess everyone waits until last minute. Food runs out but is replaced relatively quickly, hot sausage and eggs and toast and juice and milk, basic but good. Service is actually very good at this hotel, the staff appears surly at times but are actually very nice and helpful. This is a decent hotel, but mis-characterized as a "CONDO", you actually get a small hotel room "suite" which is not much larger than a typical straight hotel room. Again it's over priced but 3 stars is accurate.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]