Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New Orleans (Downtown) Le Pavillon

georgem
By georgem,
in

Hi, searching hotels in New Orleans for 3 nights, April 28 - May 1. Used your HOTWIRE link and wondering about the following:

French Quarter, 3*, 2 adults, $152/night with:

Boutique Hotel,

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Based on your lists I think it looks like the Holiday Inn Chateau LeMoyne, which I would be very happy with. Hoping to get your opinion. Thanks

I was considering going for this on Hotwire, then the price on the hotel website dropped fairly close to the hotwire price. So I was going to do it that way, then the price on the hotel site shot up over $200/night and the listing disappeared from Hotwire. (I'm sure this has something to do with the Jazz festival being that week. So this is no longer in play for me. If I decide to try a different hotwire hotel, I will definitely go through betterbidding. I appreciate your help and love your site. Thanks.

Please close this thread with whatever you decide to do for this stay... even if it's not PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

If you decide to book direct please check our Support Page where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies... or try our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which makes it easy to see rates in a specific area how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Success! Used your HOTWIRE link to book the Le Pavillon hotel for one night. The details:

New Orleans downtown, 4.5 star, 2 adults, Sunday April 28, $144.

Free Internet

Fitness center

Restaurant

Business center

High-Speed Internet Access

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

Because of the Jazz festival, hotel rates for this Sunday are much higher than usual. So I decided to split my three-night stay in New Orleans. Went for the Le Pavillon, which was easily identifiable on Hotwire thanks to your site, for the first night. I like the look of it's rooftop pool (interesting that the pool is not listed as an amenity; in fact even the hotel website makes very little mention of it). Also like the old world charm and proximity to the St. Charles streetcar line. We will spend the next two nights of our visit at the Royal Sonesta in the French Quarter, as I was able to take advantage of a sale through Orbitz. (I tried to use the Orbitz link on your support page but was unable to connect for some reason.)

This is a terrific site and I appreciate your help. Let me know if there is anymore information I can provide. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Hi, just wanted to do a quick follow-up for anyone interested in this hotel. Because I figured we would probably be automatically assigned a 1 queen bed room (lowest category), I called a few days ahead to request a king room if available. When we checked in they were more than happy to give us the upgrade for no extra charge. Some hotels won't offer you much when you book through a third party such as Hotwire, but it was just the opposite at Le Pavillon. It's a beautiful hotel and we had a great stay.

Once again, this is a great site and we appreciate your help. Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]