Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown Central) Royalton Hotel

parkerzeus
By parkerzeus,
in

Hi! I'm looking to stay at a 4* hotel from 7/3/13 to 7/6/13.

Acceptable zones: Times Square, Midtown East, Midtown West, Central Park South

Max bid: Hopefully around $125.

Any idea what price I can expect for a 4* this time of year? Also, looking for help with bidding strategy since I have never used Priceline before.

Thanks very much!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

This is right about on the border where rates start to turn a bit and go down during the late Summer, especially once you get a little later into July. Is your desired budget $125 "all-in" ($125 including taxes/fees) or $125 + taxes/fees? I think $125 has a chance (in MTE, unlikely in TS), of being accepted, but $135-140 is more likely what will be required. I'd start lower ($105-110) and work higher by $5's using re-bidding. Re-bidding is discussed at that link; please let us know if you have any questions before using re-bidding.

While this is not the slowest time of year, it's not the busiest time of year, either, and if for some reason you are not being accepted at $140, I'd stop (using $140 as a "ceiling" for the time being) and then start over lower and work up to that point every few days. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 3 weeks later...

Need some help ID'ing a hotel in NYC on Hotwire

It is a 4* in Central Park West for $189 per night

Ammenities include:

- free internet

- fitness center

- restaurant

- business center

- accessible for the deaf & blind

- in room accessibility

- accessible bathroom

- roll in shower

100% of Hotwire customer reviews recommend

Thanks!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Booked on Hotwire. July 3 - July 6 at $171 per night in Midtown Central, 4*

Received the ROYALTON HOTEL

Amenities included:

Pet friendly

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]