Philly area to Florida

synergyxmegan
By synergyxmegan,
in

I am new here, and actually came across this site because of all the freaking out research I am currently doing due to my airfare that I'm watching going up $100 in 2 days! I am looking to fly Wednesday march 13th from Philly, bwi, Atlantic city, Harrisburg, Allentown, etc to Orlando, Orlando Sanford, Tampa, clearwater, etc. and then back on Sunday march 17th.

I was happy on Friday with the $276 I was seeing but it is not up to almost $400 and I just can't do that. I was hoping it was because I was looking on a Sunday but now today on Monday they are even higher! I looked at bing and it said they are 80% sure I should wait but I am just freaking out and want suggestions as well as help with possibly using priceline name your own price. Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet please read your messages.

Are you able to fly out of any of the NYC airports (EWR, LGA, JFK)? If so, it possible to fly out of one airport and return to another? (ie- fly from EWR and then return to PHL, as one example)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Airfares often look like prices are rising over the weekend. While this can be true, usually it has a different cause. There are "fare buckets" at different price levels. When people buy all the fares in the lower price buckets, what is left is more costly. Then the buckets get refilled. Before you do anything rash, watch the rates through Tuesday and Wednesday, and maybe even Thursday. You may see those lower fares again.

Can you use EWR or JFK for your departure? I looked at fares just now, using this site, and saw a $268 - PHL-MCO and returning TPA to EWR (United). Another odd routing out of Allentown was only $262.

Flights from bidding can arrive and depart any time of day. With such a short amount of time, a late departure for your outbound and an early departure for your return can really cut into your total time at destination.

But by all means, it could be worth your time to give bidding a shot. Air bidding doesn't work as well as hotel and auto bidding, but it can work quite nicely.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]