Hotwire Hotel: 5* London (The City - Tower Bridge) Andaz Liverpool Street London - a Hyatt Hotel

csaeroach
By csaeroach,
in

Won Andaz Liverool Street, London on Hotwire. We were so excited!! I have been using Hotwire for a while now

and we feel this is the best deal we have ever received from Hotwire. Looks like rooms here are over $450 per night.

Andaz Liverpool Street, London

Liverpool Street,

London,GB,EC2M 7QN

Check-in

Wed, Sep 11, 2013, 3:00 PM

Check-out

Thu, Sep 12, 2013, 12:00 PM

Amenities

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Summary of charges

Hotel

Rate per night: $85.00

Nights: 1

Rooms: 1

Tax recovery charges & fees: $23.86

Subtotal: $108.86

Trip total: $108.86

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you scored a HUGE deal and are pleased with the results... looks like a great win!

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HOTWIRE just called and said they had to cancel this reservation. The hotel contacted them that they do not have any rooms available, and could not honor this reservation. Hotwire was not willing to help us find another 5 star hotel for our winning bid. Said it had to be cancelled. Anyone else ever run into this? I have the confirmation of the winning bid, now we have nothing! Think I might stick to PRICELINE from now on. Not to impressed with HOTWIRE right now.

I would not accept this. I would send a written complaint and would have recorded the name of anyone calling and ask that they confirm everything in writing as to the cancellation.

The hotel has to open up inventory for it to be sold on Hotwire and can even put electronic limits on inventory sold on Hotwire and if you have a written confirmation and a charge to your credit card you have a booking. They can try to claim that it was open for sale in error, but they need to handle it in another way. While Hotwire can claim Delaware law, the hotel would have to hold themselves to UK consumer standards.

That hotel is open for sale across many booking channels and the rate is similar to 3 times what you paid, a similar relationship in price I have seen for other London 5 stars. This would indicate that you had no way of knowing that the price was out of the normal range and booked in good faith. Airlines have canceled reservations that were clearly in error, but most airlines have honored their mistakes out of goodwill.

How can Hotwire maintain credibility if they are allowed to cancel reservations and their terms and conditions clearly state that no reservation can be canceled after booking by the customer.

Hotwire also wants to cancel my reservation in Andaz liverpool st. Hotel.

I won the bid in Andaz liverpool st. Hotel for 7 nights stay in early April. I even checked with Andaz hotel and Andaz also confirms my reservation by email.

Then, this Friday Hotwire called me at 6am while I was sleeping, and told me they would cancel all my reservation in Andaz. How could they do that?

I send several emails to their customer service, but they just repeat replying that my reservation is not available and ask me to call them back.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Please start by reading your messages and then share the details of your purchase with the board as a NEW TOPIC. As per Our Rules and Policies:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]