Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Riverwalk East and Alamo Area

dchz
By dchz,
in

*** Forgot to mention this was San Antonio!!! Sorry :(

I tried to search a lot on this forum for San Antonio, but none of them showed up at 4.5 stars.

Riverwalk East and Alamo area hotel

• Fitness Center
  • Pools
  • Restaurant
  • Business Center
  • High-Speed Internet Access
  • Accessible for the blind
  • Accessible for the deaf
  • Accessible path of travel
  • In-room accessibility
  • Accessible bathroom
  • Handicapped parking
  • Roll-in shower

I think i just want to make sure this isn't the Sheraton Gunter, if I can find out which particular hotel, that would be great.

Will confirm hotel if I do buy.

Quick Question on using the PRICELINE EXPRESS deals:

If the express deal hotel has a rating next to it, and the average rating matches with the review on the hotel list (only one at that average number in ratings).

Does that pretty much guarantee that the hotel I'm getting with the express deal is the same as the one with the same rating on their hotel list?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

Best guess for the HOTWIRE property would be the Grand Hyatt San Antonio.

As far as the PRICELINE EXPRESS option, 'no', because:

1) the bidding side of PRICELINE and the PRICELINE EXPRESS side of priceline each use a different universe of hotels

2) as per the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List the lists only contain hotels reported to the board, so there could be hotels not yet reported to the board OR that have been upgraded since last being reported to the board, which have the same user rating but that you're not including in your comparison. If you post the full details (star rating, price, amenities, and review rating) of the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal we can offer a guess on that property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry about the multiple posts. will try to keep them concentrated :)

I think we have some miscommunications: The hotel list i was talking about is the actual list on the PRICELINE website. Their hotel list contains a list of hotels and their customer review ratings. The PRICELINE EXPRESS that i'm looking at has the same Guest score (9.0 out of 10) as one of the hotels on their own PRICELINE list.

Does that mean although i don't know the hotel's name, the hotel i'm getting from the PRICELINE express deal is for the hotel, on their hotel list, with the same customer review rating?

The express deal on PRICELINE EXPRESS is

4 Star Hotel in Riverwalk Area

• Indoor or Outdoor Pool
  • Pets Allowed
  • Business Center
  • Fitness Center

are on the list of guaranteed amenities. Thanks very much.

I haven't decided if i was going to go with the negotiator or the express deal yet, but regardless, when i book, i will book through your PRICELINE link. :)

The retail side and PRICELINE EXPRESS side of PRICELINE each use a different universe of hotels, some participate on one side of the service but no the other, and vice-versa... so you can assume that the retail hotels you're seeing is a finite list of hotels available in the area and that you've narrowed it down to one hotel. Also, the user review rating shown on the PRICELINE EXPRESS portion of their website is not the exact score, if you click the CHOOSE button to be taken to the next page you'll see it says "Rated 9.0 or higher.

With the above noted, the Grand Hyatt San Antonio Riverwalk, Mokara Hotel and Spa, and Hotel Contessa all seem like likely candidates for this one and any of these would be my best guess for this one.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I decided to take the plunge since I need the hotel tomorrow night, and I indeed did get the Grand Hyatt! (And I used your HOTWIRE links :-) Thanks for the help. This was my first hotwire purchase and I wouldn't have been comfortable taking the plunge without having the input from your site.

I decided to take the plunge... and I indeed did get the Grand Hyatt!

jrbman,

Congratulations on your success and thank you for your post.

Can you please add your win to the board as a NEW TOPIC so that others will be aware of your win when searching the topic titles on the board and in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

In your post please include the star rating, city, zone, hotel name, room rate per nite, dates of your stay and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view all of this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]