Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown West) The Shoreham Hotel

galileocan
By galileocan,
in

First bid for Midtown West at $100. Won on first bid!! A little nervous because I do need two beds. I notice that the hotel site does offer rooms for that night with two beds. Will call hotel tomorrow and plead with them to give me a two bedded room! Even if I have to sleep on the floor it's a steal for Midtown!!

By the way - used the betterbidding.com PRICELINE QuickQuote link. Not sure if that gave me an advantage or not, but thought I would mention it

Congrats on your success.

Very nice deal for this NYC boutique property. PRICELINE only guarantees one bed/double occupancy, but you can call the hotel and ask. NYC is historically quite difficult when it comes to PRICELINE and two beds, but hopefully the hotel will agree to two beds given that this is a fairly slow time.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

An update - I fortunately was upgraded to a two bedroom suite for the night, solving my bedding problem. Overwhelmed at my luck for $100. A word of warning, that is really bothering me - this hotel (The Shoreham) is NOT...repeat....NOT worthy of a 4 star. Priceline I find more and more is passing off sub standard hotels to bidders as 4 stars when in fact they should be rated one star level down. Had I paid regular rate at this hotel I would have been very upset. It honestly makes we worry about booking "Name Your Own Price" on Priceline any more, as this is becoming more common all the time.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]