Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Times Square - Theatre District) Westin New York Times Square

back2nature
By back2nature,
in

Good evening! I am looking for some assistance for our trip to N.Y.C this Sunday-Tuesday 2/17-2/19. I would like something right in Times Square. I have been researching this whole bidding technique and am familiar with Priceline's name your own price. I also see that Hotwire offers some great deals, so I am not too sure which one to use. I would like a 4* property(by Priceline's standards, I think Hotwire is 3.5*) for around $100 night if that is possible. I would go as high as $150/night, but the lower the better. Am traveling with 2 teens, so Times Square is where they want to be. Do you think I will have better luck with Priceline or with this Hotwire property/please help identify. Seeing that our travel dates are only a couple of days away, do you think we can get a good rate? Thank you in advance for your time!

3.5-star Hotel in Times Square - Theatre District $229.00 other sites $115.00 per room/per night.

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Booking for double occupancy in NYC when you need more than one bed is considered fairly risky.

HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

How many rooms/adults/children are you including in the HOTWIRE search above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In order to research your hotel we first needed to know the occupancy so that we could replicate your search. ;)

I believe all the hotels you mentioned above would be 4* rated by PRICELINE.

Best guess for the property above would be the The Manhattan at Times Square.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The problem you have with using PRICELINE, as noted above, is that they only guarantee double occupancy, which means you could get a room with only one bed. In NYC rooms are typically smaller then in most other parts of the country and as a result hotels have a large percentage of rooms with only one bed (and little or no room for a rollaway). Many hotels also consider rooms with two beds an upgrade and if a room with two beds is available, may charge you at the time of check-in to upgrade. In light of this, it's generally considered risky to use PRICELINE for more than double occupancy in NYC.

With the above noted, if you want to take the risk you're welcome to do so, and we will suggest a bidding strategy for you to follow.

As far as receiving one of the 4* hotels you mentioned, there is no way to know which hotel you will receive if your bid is accepted. When using PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose. You can see all 5* and 4* hotels reported to the board in the Priceline Hotel List, but 5* hotels have always gone for substantially more than your current budget (typically in the $300+ range)... although you likely do have a shot at a 4* hotel in the $100-$150 area (but again, occupancy can be an issue)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

I just searched HOTWIRE under the "hotels" tab for my travel dates and area(Times Square) but yeilded nothing in the 4* range. There was a 4.5* listed for $180/night, but that is a little more than I was looking to pay. Are there any other ways to locate a great Hotwire deal that I may not be aware of?

Thanks again!

Unfortunately, there is no way to get hotels or different hotels to appear, especially if there is four in the party. As noted above, with PRICELINE and NYC, one bed is quite likely.

Are you only interested in TS? Personally, I'd recommend staying somewhere else; TS is the busiest and most expensive area in NYC. Other areas are more reasonable and more pleasant.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I'll add to Aaron's comments that most times when you're looking for more than double occupancy in NYC the rates go up and the selection goes down.

I didn't link to it earlier as you seemed to be set on only the Times Square zone, but you may want to read some of our thoughts on Hotels Near Times Square.

I am traveling with two 13 year old girls who want to shop shop shop, and are lookig for the whole "Times Square" experience. I figured staying right in TS would be easy, we could go back to the hotel as needed. With that said, I would be open to other areas that are within walking distance. I've only been to NYC once, and am not familiar with any areas. Any suggestions you have on locations/hotels would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Hi Guys, I just received these 24 hour deals through Hotwire. Could you please help me identify.

Times Square - Theatre District area hotel See more hot Rate hotel

Super savings†

$216other sites*

$107.00

per room, per night

Amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Accessible for the blind

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

Recommended:

In 95% of Hotwire customer reviews.

OR

Times Square - Theatre District area hotel

$206other sites*

$164.00

per room, per night

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Recommended:

In 95% of Hotwire customer reviews.

Decided to give PRICELINE a try via your link, and started biding at $88.00 for a 4* in Times Square Theatre District. Needed to use the majority of my free rebids, but was able to get the Westin in Times Square for $110.00/night which we are very happy with! This hotel received excellent reviews via Trip Advisor. Thank you for all the help, and I will use PRICELINE via your link again in the future.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like an EXCELLENT deal for this property... glad to see you're pleased with the results and looking forward to your arrival.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]