Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston help 4/11/13 - 4/13/13

PhilHH
By PhilHH,
in

Was bidding on Priceline for a 4 star hotel in the center.

Boston Common - Theater District 110

adding Copley Square - Back Bay 115

adding Quincy Market - Financial District 120

adding Beacon Hill 125

adding Boston Harbor Front - Aquarium 130

------------------------

adding several areas without 4 star hotels 135,140,145,150,155,160.

No success with my $160 bet. Whats going on in Boston? Checked last year and there have been some accepted bids beginning at $106.

Regards

Also...

If you haven't yet please read your messages.

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels for a 4* hotel in one of the zone you're bidding? I think you'll find the majority of hotels at $300+ which would indicate high demand for your dates.

One of the conventions taking place during your stay has 8K attendees which is a pretty decent size for Boston and can easily effect the hotel market.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...couldnt believe that so many people stay in hotels 2 days prior.

Most marathon runners have been training for months and those coming from out of town don't want to be on an airplane or in a car for a few hours the day before their big run, so they arrive a few days early in order to sight see and get acclimated to the area, see parts of the course, rest, go to the Expo, etc.

I'm not sure the ratio of 'out of towners' vs. 'locals' that run the marathon, but i'm sure this in addition to the conferences mentioned earlier are attributing to the higher then usual rates.

I wouldn't drop to a 3* just yet... $175 may get you into a 4* hotel (it's worth a shot) but if that is rejected i'd sooner try for a 3.5* before lowering to 3*... unless budget is a concern and you prefer the least expensive 3* or better rather then a higher rated 3.5*/4* hotel closer to your maximum budget.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]