HNL Honolulu Economy National

johnmlynch
By johnmlynch,
in

Using the Better Bidding PRICELINE links to start my search I began with a bid of $15 for a mid size and was rejected. I continue to bid for almost all the higher models up to $28 and was rejected. Bidding down, I bid $14 for Compact and was rejected. I bid $13 for an Economy and was finally accepted. It is me, my wife and our 10 year old in Oahu for the week, so hopefully we won't be too cramped, but still pleased with the savings. Taxes seems pretty high though.

Your Offer Price: $13.00 (per day)

Total Rental Days: 7

SubTotal: $91.00

Taxes and Fees: $81.37

Total Rental Car Charges: $172.37

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a nice deal on this rental and are pleased with the results.

It's not uncommon for rental car fees/taxes to be very high and make up a large percent of the total as they're an easy target for governments to raise money for airport expansion and improvements, roads, etc. Most locals never rent a vehicle from the airport (it's mostly tourists and those traveling on business) so it's easy to get a vote/legislation passed to add new rental car fees in order to fund a whole variety of capital improvements.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- if you're looking for a great beach outside of Waikiki we really enjoyed Lanikai Beach and was worth the trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]