Canada Ottawa Marriott Downtown

MJRBIM
By MJRBIM,
in

Large Room on the 17th floor was about 600 Sq Ft w/ King Bed and a spacious work area with high-speed internet ($9.50 CDN per day). Good bed and a quiet room for sleeping. Bathroom was a decent size and well appointed.

Hotel has huge Gym, with a whirlpool and Indoor pool. Outdoor mini-golf and hockey/soccor rink for the kids off the pool area....also two large games rooms for little kids (books, treefort, slide, etc) and teens (pool, video games, etc) .

Lobby has a restaurant/bar and a Starbucks. I had room service for dinner and it was very good (but you are paying 3* rates for food/delivery/gratuity).

Underground self-parking was $15 CDN. Valet is also available.

Staff were pleasant and helpful - I would be very happy to win this property on PL again.

• 9 months later...

We were in Ottawa over the weekend for a friend's wedding and stayed at the Marriot for one night. We arrived around 11:00am on Saturday hoping to check in early but was denied...the room wasn't ready yet. I probably should have called to let them know about the early check in but totally forgot about it. Not a huge problem...we just changed in the lobby bathroom.

We arrived back at the hotel around 6:00pm and checked in no problem. We received a room on the 21st floor with a river view. I was slightly disappointed to find that the room had two double beds instead of 1 king as requested. We did book through Priceline so I figure we were probably very low on the priortiy list for requests anyway. Again, not a big problem. The beds were soooo comfy and I LOVED the heavy duvets that I didn't mind having the bed to myself!

We used the pool/hot tub which was really nice...go around dinner time (7:00pm) and it will be very quiet there.

The location of the hotel was also great! About a 5 minute walk over to the Parliament Buildings and another 10-15 minute walk to the Rideau Centre and Byward Market area.

The only downer was the ourtrageous price for hotel parking - $17/day!

• 10 months later...

Got the Ottawa Marriott Downtown in a PL bid. This is 3* in PL. I was really happy with the hotel. The room is a little bit small compared to other hotel, but it was ok. The bed was really comfortable and the blanket is nice and fluffy. The bathroom looks new. Overall, the room is very clean and well-kept.

I was impressed with the facilities offered at this hotel - mini golf, huge pool, jacuzzi, large fitness room, air hockey ($2), PS2 video games, kids zone. Let's just say that if there was nothing to do outside, I wouldn't get bored in this hotel. :)

Location-wise, it's good. It's 5 minute walk to Bank of Canada currency museum, and maybe 10 - 15 minute walk to Parliament. It's a little bit far to walk to Byward Market, but it's still doable. Anyways, you are seeing the sights while you are walking so you don't really notice the distance.

• 3 years later...

I stayed at this hotel 7/14/10 - 7/16/10. Was a nice buy here. Hotel staff were to a person very knowledgeable and helpful, not to mention always friendly.

Very close to all we wanted to do and easily walked for a couple of 53 yr olds! Eats and bars close-by.

We had the 24th floor overlooking the Ottawa River.

Would indeed stay here again.

OOOps...actually booked this thru Priceline on here.

Sorry about the error.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]