Hotwire Hotel: 3* Detroit (Southfield) Holiday Inn

adhalla
By adhalla,
in

We (2 adults, 1 child) are visiting Southfield, MI on Sept 09 - 12.

We would like to book on Hotwire. Should I book just a few days before our trip or should I go ahead and book now? Right now, the following hotels are offered and based on other posts in this forum, I think they are:

4* Westin ($75), 3* Hilton Inn ($50), 2.5* Homestead ($42). Please, any suggestions as to which one we should pick? Thx.

Those dates are really not that far away and considering that is a weekend I would not wait to bid. What are the amenities of the hotels coming up for those dates on Priceline? What star rating are you going for and what is your maximum bid? Priceline is another option, although you are not getting a guarantee for the number of beds you require (I'm assuming two) Would you considering staying in any other areas close to Southfield?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm assuming all the amentiies match up with the hotels above (and not just the star rating).

Which hotel you choose depends upon your budget and what type of hotels you typcially stay in.... are you accustomed to 4* properties are usually lesser? Is this a stay where the 'luxury' of a higher property would be beneficial, or are you looking for for basics and the value of things such as included complimentary breakfast?

Let us know which you decide and how it goes... and please include the amenties of the hotel you ultimately select.

If we can be of more help feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I finally booked at Hotwire (for Sept 09 - 12), choosing a 3* hotel with following amenities:

Restaurant, Swimming, Fitness Center, High Speed Internet, Business Center at $49.00. I was expecting Hilton Inn but got Holiday Inn instead.

A little dissapointed but will find out how it turns out.

A couple of points: Previously (based on other posts), Holiday Inn had one additional amenity - Children's activities, which does not appear now.

Also, I had two PCs on at the same time and the rate displayed on them was different - One had it at $49.00 and another had it at $51.00.

Thank-you all for your advice and a special thank-you for thereuare for your dedication with this wonderful forum - it has been very informative and helpful.

Sorry to hear of your disappointment, but the above amenties are not an exact match for what has previously been reported for the Hilton so... that should not have been an expectation. If you are seeing new amenity combinations that don't match anything exactly you are encouraged to post as we might be able to get a better grasp at helping you identify the property.

Thank you for posting and helping up update out hotel lists.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]