Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Midtown East) InterContinental The Barclay

jmott
By jmott,
in

3* midtown central area hotel on Hotwire for $168/night from 3/15-3/18. Can you please help identify hotel?

Amenities listed :

Free Internet

Restaurant(s)

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible bathroom

Fitness center

High speed Internet access

Accessible path of travel

Handicapped parking

Pool(s)

Accessible for the blind

In-room accessibility

Roll in shower

Thank you!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you're considering the Waldorf at $199 i would sooner spend $5 more per nite and take the 4* ESB property with:

Boutique

Business

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Roll-in Shower

... for which my guess is the Kitano.

... or the Hotel Alex for $207/nite (if 350 sq. ft. seems like enough room for you)... an upgrade to 400 sq. ft. is available for $223/nite... or 600 sq. ft. for $247/nite... both of which include a full kitchen which is nice to keep a bottle of wine or other drinks in and can help save a few dollars that way by having a drink in the room before heading out OR a night cap back in the room at the end of the evening instead of at a bar.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks again for the great feedback.

Kitano--do you feel this location is still within walking distance to Times Square and Central Park? Assuming weather is descent :)

The Alex: where are you finding that price? Apologies I may have overlooked. Hotels.com appears to have it listed for $255/night

Thank you!

I linked above to The Alex and you can see the room types and rates i quoted thru this link.

The Kitano would be walkable to Times Square within 15 minutes or so but Central Park would be over a mile and closer to 25 minutes i would guesstimate.

Thanks again. We decided to hold off a little bit to see if prices would come down and so far we have been lucky.

Now on Hotwire there is a 4* Chelsea/MSG deal on Hotwire for $163/night. Can you please help identify hotel?

Free Internet

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Thank you!

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the SHOW ME button next to this offer (the one with the price in it), then on the ensuing page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches and travel purchases... and please click each of these links before replying.

Thanks.

Do you think this is the grand Hyatt or can you please help identify? 2 adults 4* same dates 3/15-3/18

Amenities:

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Tennis nearby

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll in shower

Thank You!

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches and travel purchases... and please click each of these links before replying.

2x

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for all your bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Thanks.

At each of these hotels the room quality differs greatly from one to the next.

The Grand Hyatt is more of a modern business hotel whereas the Waldorf is a 'classic' with a grand lobby with large chandeliers and such. If you like older hotels and want the cache that comes with telling people that you stayed at the Waldorf then that might be a good choice for you, but i prefer more modern/comfort hotels and would sooner choose the Grand Hyatt.

Thanks for the feedback. Can you please help identify? 2 adults 4* mte same dates 3/15-3/18 for $181/ night, was $167 yesterday.

Amenities:

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Tennis nearby

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll in shower

Thank You!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]