Priceline Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Hollywood) Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort Hotel

urbiman
By urbiman,
in

Hi,

I was bidding on a 4-star hotel in Hollywood, FL. I had the following bid history:

$100

$120

$140

$150

$160

$170

$180

$185

That means, PRICELINE's pricepoint must have been between 180-185 USD. At the very same time there was a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal in this area (for exactly the same 4 star-category), for 175 USD (after 10% disount with "PLAYOFFS" it would have been even 157.5 USD) .

Because PRICELINE did not accept the bid of 180 USD (and because the amenities looked that way - but this is another story) I thought I was bidding for another hotel. In the Area Hollywood, FL there are only three 4 - Star Hotels (not only on pricline, in general):

Westin Diplomat Resort And Spa (Rating: 8.6/ Price:$$$)

Marriott Hollywood Beach (Rating: 8.1/$$)

Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort Hotel (Rating: 8.0/$)

So if I was bidding on a Hotel at a rate that was higher than the express deal (and additionaly the bidding hotel was marked as "best deal"), the hotel I was bidding on has to be one of the two better ones (Westin or Marriott) - I thought.

But after bidding 185 USD it turned out that I just got the Crowne Plaza - the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal must have been the same, or even a better, hotel.

Arguing with the Support seems pointless. Do you have any suggestions for me?

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

But after bidding 185 USD it turned out that I just got the Crowne Plaza...

As per Our Rules and Policiies:

While we welcome both positive and negative experiences, please keep in mind that the spirit of this message board is helping users.

If you have a complaint, problem, or question with a recent or upcoming Priceline/Hotwire stay, we will be happy to do what we can to help, but please be considerate of the board's primary goal of helping others and first post the details of your 'win.'

It is important for everyone to know when problems and customer service issues arise, but the majority of the users come here to see winning bid information... so please oblige them with this information before asking for them for help.

Perhaps you could provide the rest of the details of your win (the dates of your stay) so that we can complete your topic title and so others can know about your win when searching the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and/or Priceline Maps?

In this same vein, you seem to have a good understanding of PRICELINE, so i will assume that this is not your first PRICELINE or HOTWIRE win in the last 5 1/2 years since joining the forum? :angry: It would be appreciated if you started to share your wins with the board so that others can benefit from and use the information to assist in their own travel plans.

Please provide the dates of your stay and we'll then comment on your situation.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

sure, the dates are 2/18/2013-2/22/2013.

I understand that you are angry, but honestly - that was my first priceline bid (and probably the last). I live in europe and do not stay too often in the US, and when, I usually want to know exactly where I am going.

This time the south-east florida prices were so ridiculous high, that I remembered priceline and started to read here. And when I wanted to sign up here two days ago I was surprised that I already had an account...

It's your responsibility to check prices and make sure that when you place a bit it is the best you can get. The assumption on your part that you would get a different hotel was flawed and i don't think price. See this thread: Don't Bid Higher for a Better Hotel

...I remembered priceline and started to read here.

It would be appreciated if you also use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin any future biding, searches or travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]