Priceline Hotel: Stragedy for St Louis

BridgePlayer
By BridgePlayer,
in

I am trying to win the Hyatt for 3/12-3/17. Retail rates are 139-139-149-149-139 for those nights. I have bid up to 61 + 10 bonus cash with no success. I(actually my wife who will be joining me) have already won this hotel for 39+10 for 3/17-3/21 when the retail rate was 129. Bid more than 61 now or wait? I have a cancelable reservation for 74 as a fallback.

I'm assuming your back-up reservation is at a different hotel? Is it a 4* rated property?

Would you be willing to bid more than your back-up reservation for a 4* hotel on PRICELINE (with the hope that it's the Hyatt, yet could be some other 4* hotel?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have the $74 rate for the same place(Hyatt). See my post elsewhere on how to obtain it. The $10 bonus money doesn't seem to be going away either so that gives me some flexibility to wait. I am willing to switch to a different hotel if necessary but most of the recent wins have been at the Hyatt. I have used your link for my bidding.

With your back-up at the same hotel as you have for the other leg of stay i would set your maximum bid at some amount lower than the $74 rate you have... depending upon how much it's worth per nit to not have to change hotels mid-stay.

If you don't mind changing then by all means bid up to $74, if work $5/nite to not have to change then set your maximum bid at $69, etc, etc.

Keep us updated on your progress.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]