Priceline Hotel: Help bidding Disney- closest to parks

Kgauger30
By Kgauger30,
in

I am looking for help and suggestions on bidding on a hotel in the Disney area (as close to Disney as possible). I will be going 3/10-3/16 and I would like to have a 3.5-4 star hotel. Not spending over $450-500. Is this possible? Am I asking too much? I would like to have a place with a kitchen, and no extra fees. I don't care what the hotel is as long as it is nice. I usually stay in Hampton Inns and Residence Inns (which I have gotten for $65/night on PL).

Where should I start? I have only bid once on PL and won with the price I wanted. I will be reserving this in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for your help. Please let me know if I need to send more information.

Kim

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I would like to have a place with a kitchen, and no extra fees.

There are some things you can control when using PRICELINE and some things you can't... the above are two things you can't.

With PRICELINE you are subject to any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose... there is no way to know beforehand if the hotel you win will have a Kitchen or any 'Resort' fees.

If these are must haves, and not wants, you may want to consider HOTWIRE which will show you the amenities the hotel you are about to purchase has so you can look for the Kitchen/Kitchenette amenity, and on the detail page they will usually show you if the hotel has a Resort fee (and if so approximately how much). As well, HOTWIRE also offers Condo properties which will almost certainly have the Kitchen facilities you're seeking (although you should still make sure this amenity is listed among those associated with the property)

The trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, but if the above are important to you, it will help you know your 'all-in' price before your purchase.

Once you're ready to move forward (as there is not much point in research rates now if you're not ready to purchase for another few weeks since rates and current offerings can change between now and then) let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The kitchen is mainly a want, not a must have. Hoever it would be very nice to have since I am staying for 6 nights and may not have a car for some of the time due to hubby commuting to and from work. (we only live an hour and 20 mins from Disney) However we may bring both cars so it really isn't necessary, but would be nice to have. I know it isn't possible to pick your hotel, but we were lucky to get the Residence Inn by the convention center (and 5 minutes from Sea World) with PRICELINE back in July and we loved it! We only stayed 2 nights and I wish it would have been a week. It was a home away from home! I don't want fancy fancy (like Rosen Shingle Creek, been there wasn't impressed too stuffy for my taste)but I also don't want to be stuck in a roach motel. I have to wait to book until my tax refund comes in (as you know they won't process until Wed of this week even though they have already accepted my return) So as soon as that money is in my bank, I am booking. I have been researching the hotel rates in the area now for about a month now. I usually go hotels.com (because the free room after 10) however, I don't want to pay the $100+ per night rate I am finding. I would love to stay on Disney property too, but again, not for $100+ night. (Sorry if I am rambling, just trying to let you know where I am coming from) I would like to keep us around $400-500 for the week even less if possible.

What is the best area to put on the map for the first time I try bidding for Disney?

I have to wait to book until my tax refund comes in...

Rates and inventory can change between now and once you're ready to book, please reply to this thread once your refund has come in and you're ready to commit.
I usually go hotels.com...
For the future please note that we have a link in our Support Page to Hotels.com, as well as our newly updated MAPS and HOTELS.com has a Hotels.com TAB on it... this site puts both the star ratings and prices directly on the map so you can easily view an area and how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further from your ideal location. We have also included WalkScore so you can see what restaurants, coffee shops, bars, shopping, etc are within walking distance of your hotel.
What is the best area to put on the map for the first time I try bidding for Disney?
It really depends upon your needs for this stay as well as your desired star rating and budget... while your husband is at work do you intend to explore the area, try and use the hotel amenities, or go to one of the theme parks? Living so close to Disney i assume you're at least somewhat familiar with the area.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 3.5* you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Maingate and SW-IDrive...

Bid $33, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $38, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* LBV and Maingate...

Bid $33, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $38, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* LBV and Maingate and SW-IDrive...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I won a Priceline bid at the Mystic Dunes Resort for 2/10 - 2/15 at 39/night. Its in the Maingate - Celebration area, 3.5*. From what I've seen here and other research, I was certain I would get this and did. Mystic Dunes is all Condos with Kitchens. If that resort is acceptable to you, I recommend you focus on that zone and use the free rebids to bid up. You may have to bid higher than 39 but I would think you could get it at less than 60. Of course nothing is guaranteed and you may get something else but I haven't heard of other 3.5* coming up in that area.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to update and say we are no longer staying this long this time around. I didn't like the result I got last time I bid (which is the disadvantage of this) so I went with Hotels.com and verified where I was staying first. We will be staying weekends here and there at Disney all year, so I will utilize this service again I am sure. But from now on anything over a day or two I will know where I am staying first so I don't get slammed in the face with all of the resort fees!!! Especially here in the WDW area )

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision... glad to see you found something that will work for your needs.

If you didn't, please note from our Support Page that we are an affiliate of Hotels.com as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies. Please check for and use the links there whenever possible.

Also, our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com has a Hotels.com where the interface makes it easy to see which hotels are in a given area and how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating OR to stay closer/further from your ideal location.

Enjoy your stay.

I am looking to stay 2 nights (3/10-3/12)in the Disney area. This hotel is on Priceline Express deals..

3.5 stars

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Free Parking

Restaurant

Fitness Center

Superior room 1 bed

Does not state resort fee

This is Lake Buena Vista/Downtown Disney area.

Can you possibly ID this hotel?

Thanks!

Kim

Yes, it could be any 3.5* hotel that offers:

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Free Parking

Restaurant

Fitness Center

... which probably includes the majority of 3.5* rated hotels in this area, but my guess would be the Radisson.

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]