Priceline Hotel: 4* Hotel New York City, 2013/03/09 - 2013/03/16, 7 nights

TurboTim
By TurboTim,
in

Hello,

this is my first thread at betterbidding and will be my first bid on priceline. Already read the FAQ etc. :-)

I plan to visit NYC beginning of March (March 9th till 16th = 7 nights).

We will be 2 people and we would like to stay in the 'Times Square - Theatre District' (Region 16) area.

Max. price would be around 120-140$ (excl. Tax). (is that realistic?)

Aim of the trip is sightseeing, shopping and going out in the evening. It is our first trip to NYC.

What would be the best bidding strategy for priceline? Should I extend the area depending on our preferences (which areas possible?).

As far as I got the concept right re-bid zones would be:

- 5: Coney Island

- 8: Long Island

- 9: Lower East side

- 13: Morningside heights

- 14: Queensborough Bridge

- 17: Upper East side

These areas don't offer 4* hotels on priceline.

Thank you very much for your help and suggestions in advance!

Tim

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you want to stay in Times Square the re-bid zones you are looking at are some distance from Times Square. Not just in mileage distance but the types of areas you will be staying in. Try for Midtown East, Midtown West and Hell's Kitchen.

The zones above are not re-bid zones as the term is used by and defined by the board. See this thread for more information: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained (and if you're new to the subject feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones)

I'm trying to go from the 11th-14th, and was looking to also stay in times square. keep us updated

Rates are date specific, if you'd like help with, or to report a win for, your own stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and click each of these links before posting.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can certainly try, but i don't think a $140 budget is going to be enough for a 4* hotel for these dates and you'll likely need to expand your acceptable zones beyond just Times Square (which i recommend doing anyway).

While i don't think it's necessary to avoid Times Square, it's also not necessary to only target this area either. See our thoughts here: Hotels Near Times Square

Based upon current rates, my guess is that for a 4* hotel in Times Square you'll likely need to be in the $180-$200 area... if you're willing to accept a 4* in other nearby zones you're likely looking more in the $145-$165 range.

Taking all of the above into consideration, let us know your thoughts and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]