Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* NYC Times Square Westin

lml
By lml,
in

Because of changes in my plans, plus splitting up my Hotwire searches to look for lower rates and unavailable days, I now have 4 different reservations at the Westin NY Times Square, from August 27-Sept 2, ranging in price from $115 to $ 146. Seems a little crazy, but there it is!

I'm hoping I don't have to move rooms every time, and i'm wondering if others have been in similar situations. If so, what happened, and do you have any suggestions for how and when to approach the hotel about it?

Thanks!

Shouldn't be a problem, just explain to the front desk at check-in on your first day that you have other reservations for future nites and would like to remain in the same room. You will likely have to go to the front desk to check-in/check-out on days when your reservation begins/ends.

Glad it worked out for you so that you were at least able to get the same hotel and won't have to pack up your things and change properties.

Were all the reservations made thru Hotwire? If so, did you figure out if you saved money after fees by splitting all the dates up compared to having just taken the higher quoted rate in the first place (i'm assuming that the hotel was shown to you with a higher rate when you first started booking, rather than not shown at all).

Enjoy 'the city'.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi lml - the term usually used is to "join the reservations".

However, whether miltiple reservations can be joined (and also in your specific case, whether more than two can be joined) is most always a function of (or limitation of) whatever Hotel Management software the hotel is using. Simply stated, some software packages can do it, others can't. Further, many software packages allow their parameters to be customized , so even if the software can do joins, the hotel management may decide to disable that functionality.

Given the newness and the upscale nature of the Westin TS, I'd guess that the software is going to be a recent release and that they'd want to use all of its features.

Thanks for the info.

Yes, all the reservations were through Hotwire, and I got both lower prices for some nights, and also was able to reserve some nights which didn't show initially because one of the nights in my stay was unavailable.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]