Priceline Hotel: 5* Midtown East - REJECTTED

Welldone Rumproast
By Welldone Rumproast,
in

Bid Strategy

As part of my upcoming trip to Europe, I return to Newark on the 15th, however, the final leg from EWR to FLL is on the 16th (no award ticket seats available on the 15th). No big deal, I'll either stay in the city or at the airport. Wyndham has a special rate of USD 65 at the airport, which will earn Wyndham by Request bennies (including 500 AA miles) :)

Given the bidding for the 5* MT East property by other board members in Stptember and November, I thought I'd try a lowball bid. I set an upper limit of $112. The reason for this was that the Conrad website was showing a rate of USD 316, so I set 1/3 of that price as my maximum.

For 5*, there are six rebid zones in addition to MTE.

Bid History

All bids rejected:

Midtown East $95

MTE + 1 Rbd Zone $ 98

MTE + 2 Rbd Zones $100

MTE + 3 Rbd Zones $103

MTE + 4 Rbd Zones $106

MTE + 5 Rbd Zones $108

MTE + 6 Rbd Zones $112

I'll either rebid in 72 hrs, bid 4* or just reserve the EWR Wyndham

Thanks for the info. I have tried twice since my last post to get a 5* for September 18-21, bidding up to $130 without success.

I know I need to move on to 4* but am at a loss as to which zone would offer the best hotels. We are basically playing tourist. Plan on seeing a show, sightseeing, museums, some shopping, etc.

Any suggestions on what zone to start with? I'd be willing to bid up to $105 I think, probably will start at $80...sound reasonable?

Fitzhokies,

Please post the above info (regarding the uncertainty of zones to select and what the purpose of your trip is (ie- touristy things)) as a continuation of your existing thread and i'll reply to you there.

This will make it easier and more continuous for people to read down the road when they are researching their own NYC stays. THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]