Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (Airport West - Doral) Doral Golf Resort and Spa

HunGJaI
By HunGJaI,
in

Let the fun begin!

Looking to book 2 different dates for pre and post cruise!

Feb 9 to 10 (Miami Area - Downtown or South Beach close to Port of Miami) then Feb 17 - 19 (Orlando area - Disney would be nice)

So far bidding on Miami area (What'an avg price?)

Started at $55 up to $97 No luck yet...Will post success when done

Orlando not bidded yet...Will start tonight (Avg Price?)

Wish me luck!

Please follow-up your previous Priceline New York City thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your pre-cruise Miami dates.

For your Feb 9-10 stay, there are three different South Beach zones... are all three acceptable? (in addition to Downtown)

Once you're ready to bid for your post-cruise stay please start a NEW/SEPARATE topic so that the ultimately win can be reflected in the topic title of that thread.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm good any zone that is not to far from the port of Miami...

'Far' is relative and may not only depend upon distance but taxi fare and other factors.

Please look at the PRICELINE maps and the zone boundaries to determine which are acceptable.

For a one nite stay pre-cruise stay most typically stay Downtown or at the Airport (the airport is usually the least expensive and is especially useful if landing late and not have time to enjoy the surrounding area... for myself usually a one nite pre-cruise stay i just use to relax and am not looking to do anything in the area since i'm often tired from traveling)... but you could certainly include South Beach zone(s) if that area is acceptable. While South Beach is usually pricier, chances are lower that you win in this zone, but it would help by giving you additional bidding opportunities.

You can also check-out our sister site Pre Cruise Hotels which allows you to see the hotels no a map and how far they are from the port, and now also includes WalkScore so you can see what Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Shopping, etc. is nearby the hotel (if you're active in any cruise communities please share this new site with them)

If moving forward with PRICELINE please confirm the zone(s) you're willing to accept, by PRICELINE name, as well as your maximum bid, and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...please confirm the zone(s) you're willing to accept, by PRICELINE name... and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Still not sure exactly which zone(s) you want to bid.

Please provide this information and we'll advise accordingly.

I assume you bid those three zone at the 4* level? Are you familiar with and using your re-bid zones? (see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained, but if you're new to the subject, it's highly recommended you ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding)

Just won Doral Golf Resort And Spa - Miami Airport West - Doral - (Used link that was provided for PRICELINE)

Can't complain for $64

Room Subtotal: $64.00

Taxes & Fees: $16.24

Total Charged to Card: $80.24

Was using the other post as a guide and did less :)

I just notice this is a resort and there are resort fees? $20 a day? WTF? (I didn't select resort)

Thanks

Congratulations on your success!

Sorry to hear the resort fee has taken you by surprise, but unfortunately this is becoming a more and more common theme among hotels, regardless of how booked, since it provides them with an additional source of revenue (just as checking a bag with the airline used to be free and now most charge for this 'service'). However, two points:

1) this hotel is 4* rated. A hotel doesn't have to be classified as 'resort' in order to charge a resort fee... we have even seen 2* hotels charge 'resort fees' (and these fees are not just for PRICELINE / HOTWIRE customers, the fee is charge to everyone regardless of how booked)

2) for future bidding, note that the star rating you select is the minimum that you are willing to accept, not the absolute star rating. PRICELINE will always try to upgrade your bid to a higher rated property if one is available at the price you named. So while this hotel is 4* rated and that is what you received, in the future your 4* bid could be upgraded to a Resort class property, just as any bid can be upgraded (ie- 2.5* --> 3*, as an example, is possible as well)

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]