Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Florida Keys (Key West) Hyatt Regency

cclaser
By cclaser,
in

We are in dire need of a getaway. My wife booked airfare for 1/24-29. Any great value hotel recommendations for this timeframe by bidding on priceline? We will figure toe something. However, we are flexible and would like to find a higher end hotel at a good rate. Thanks for your input!

The dates in your topic title indicated a February stay but the dates in your post indicated January.

Please confirm your dates of travel and let us know your expected budget and we'll try to have a look at some options.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

A good start would be to look at MAPS and HOTELS.com under Tools above. Knowing the conventional rates helps a lot in devising a strategy. Think loosely 50% of those for a starting bid.

Then take a look at HOTWIRE (upper left hand corner here). This can serve (again - loosely) as a cap to your bidding. It also would let you select by amenity for something like "beach front".

Using the above information, decide what star level you want to seek.

Then some map work with PRICELINE until you have a list of acceptable bidding zones in FLL and MIA. The Keys tend to be much more expensive, but you certainly could explore them too. Watch out for that Hollywood zone in FLL. It looks like it has a lot of beach frontage, but it is possible to get a hotel there in the bottom left corner of that triangle.

You can of course bid both cities in the same day, one at a time.

You've got enough time to have a bit of fun with this bidding.

You are talking 5 nights. Any chance you'd want to stay in two different locations, splitting the bid into 3/2 or 2/3?

Do click through the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links here, as the successful bids via that are what generates this board's revenue.

I'm a member, not anybody official, but dealt with a similar search a couple years ago. Thought I'd offer up my approach to an open-ended situation.

Romelle

We would like something on the beach.

Is this a mild want... or a need?

With PRICELINE bidding there won't be any way to ensure a beachfront property... if this is a 'must have' then HOTWIRE would be a better option and choosing a hotel with a Beachfront amenity (or Near Beach if this too is acceptable) amenity listed.... OR you could also try PRICELINE EXPRESS to see if anything with Beach in the description is shown.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you post back the rate and the amenities possibly one of the moderators can give you an educated guess as to what the property might be.

There are only 4 Hotwire 3.5* KeyWest hotels reported so far. They are in the hotel list at the top of the Hotwire-Florida area. If you compare the amenities offered for your hotel vs the ones one the list you might be able to make your own deductions. The moderators have further info and long-time experience but sometimes it is possible to do by oneself.

Romelle

I'm looking at a Hotwire 3.5 star 85 percent hotel in key west. 1/25-1/29. Does anyone know the propery? Do you have any other good FL keys recommendations during that timeframe?

If you post back the rate and the amenities possibly one of the moderators can give you an educated guess as to what the property might be.

... and please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin all your bidding, searching, and travel purchases.

Please clck each of the links above before replying.

Thanks.

I'm looking at a HOTWIRE 3.5 star 85 percent hotel in key west. 1/25-1/29. Does anyone know the property?

Amenities. Free parking, pool, laundry service, smoke free rooms, restaurant.

I'm not currently seeing this property offered when searching HOTWIRE for your dates... are you still seeing the above on your own search? If so, are you searching HOTWIRE for more than one room or for more than the default 2adults/0children?

thereuare,

I saw it out there earlier yesterday (2/0 default), but it isn't there right now.

cclaser,

While its amenities list was longer and not in the same order, all the ones you noted were the same as The Inn at Key West. So not as probable as a perfect match, but suggestive. (thereuare and AaronJB have a few other detection tools so their guesstimates are more reliable than mine.)

I do know Hotwire offerings can change very rapidly, and one that goes away often comes back. If you liked the looks of it, do keep checking. Key West is wonderfully unique, IMHO - Hemingway's House, those sunsets, .... just the general ambiance. And the drive to get there almost reason to go.

And while I'm at it, if you see something you like on Hotwire don't hesitate very long.

Romelle

You can check the Priceline Hotel List and Hotwire Hotel List and see that the Cheeca Lodge has been reported to the board thru both services.

However, while in some areas it's easier than in others to target a specific property, the Key West area is very difficult to get great deals. Realistic expectations would favor seeking out a good deal at a hotel in this area rather than trying to get a specific property.

Not sure i'm following...

Are you looking to make two separate bids, one for 1/24-1/26 and one for 1/26-1/28?

If so, for the first set of dates, which zones (by PRICELINE name) are you willing to accept and what is your maximum bid?

I'm guessing that $150-$175 will not likely be enough for a Resort class property for these dates.

If you want to give it a try, there are no Resort class properties in the Marathon zone, so we won't include that when bidding.

When biding Resort you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select Resort Key West...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Islamorade...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Key West and Islamorada...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155

If the above is rejected wait 24 hours from your last bid, use this board link to re-access PRICELINE, and re-try:

Select Resort Key West...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Islamorade...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select Resort Key West and Islamorada...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]