Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Chelsea - Madison Square Garden) TRYP Times Square South

squirms
By squirms,
in

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Detroit Hotwire thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the above listing.)

Additionally, please provide the list of amenities that you are seeing with the above NYC listing.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Here are the amenities for this property ...

Free Internet, Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Centre, Restaurant(s), Business Centre, High-Speed Internet Access, Accessible for the blind, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in shower.

I wouldn't necessarily exclude the TRYP from the possibilities... but my best guess would be the Yotel Times Square.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

You can also try searching our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com if you're looking for a specific property or a hotel in a specific location.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am trying to figure out what this property might be and am having difficulty doing so as it does NOT list any of the hotel's amenities.

All the info basically says is that Hotwire is offering it up for $114, while other sites are showing it at $213 a night.

It has 85% on Hotwire rating's (out of 500+++ reviews) and 4.0 out of 5.0 on tripadvisor.

Any ideas as to what this could be?! Hmmmm.

... and please click each of the links above before replying.

Thanks.

Done.

I am now seeing another property in the ESB area for those same nights for $139 a night but I can't really seem to match it to the listings.

85% with Hotwire customers.

Free Internet

Boutique Hotel

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Centre

Business Centre

Accessible for the Blind

Accessible for the Deaf

Accessible Path of Travel

In-Room Accessibility

Wheelchair Accessible

Accessible Bathroom

Handicapped Parking

Roll-In Shower

The only 4* listed with Handicapped Parking on the website is the Radisson Martinique and that isn't a boutique hotel. And the only 4* star with free internet is the St. Giles which does not have most of the above mentioned amenities.

HMMMM.

Whatever this property is, note that they charge a Resort fee of ~$25.

This property has not yet been reported to the board, and i had previously made a few guesses in other threads, but with the 'true cost' of this property being closer to $165/nite, i think there are better choices for this stay.

Hmmm yeah I didnt even catch the resort fee. So you are right. There probably are better places to stay.

I know see this in 4* Midtown East for 132 a night.

Fitness Centre, Restaurant(s), Business Centre, High-Speed Inter

90% on Hotwire reviews which leads me to this question. Are Hotwire reviews basically the same as a tripadvisor score? ie. In terms of trying to figure out what property it might be, if a hotel has %90 does that basically mean it will have 4.5 on tripadvisore?

Looking at the list of hotels and matching up the amenities I am thinking it would be The Alex or the Grand Hyatt but neither of those are better then 80% on tripadvisor.

This 4* could be any one of a number of hotels... Roosevelt, Alex, Grand Hyatt, InterContinental, Omni, Doubletree Metropolitan, The Lexington New York City, Hilton New York Manhattan East and the W New York would all be among the possibilities.

I am looking at another new listing today.

3.5* in Chelsea / MSG

$111 with 90% on Hotwire reviews.

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Centre

Restaurant(s)

Business Centre

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible Path of Travel

In-Room Accessibility

Accessible Bathroom

Roll-In Shower

I'm thinking it matches up with TRYP given that it has 90% on customer reviews.

Thoughts?

And the fact that it does not mention Boutique hotel in the amenities leads me to believe it is not Yotel.

HMMMM

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]