Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Civic Center South - Hayes Valley) Best Western Plus Americania

Tiger 65
By Tiger 65,
in

Hello,

Have used BB a lot in the past, but stopped travelling for a while. And I am glad to use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links from here when I book on either site.

We are looking to stay in San Francisco in the Civic Center South area, starting on 1/18/13 for 3 nights (Fri/Sat/Sun nights). We will have a car, so parking will be required. PRICELINE EXPRESS deals came up with $96 for a 3-star. Priceline bidding shows a 3 star or lower only.

Any suggestions for a bidding strategy for this? (I just got the $10 bonus cash to be used by midnight Monday night)

Also, any ideas on what hotel is the Express deal, and is that a good price?

Thanks.

PS

I am a little concerned bidding blind BECAUSE:

Hotwire showed a 3 1/2 star for the same dates for only $68 with a hotel only 35% of users rated good - that seems pretty low - and it looks like a handicap accessible room only?

3.5-star Hotel in Civic Center South - Hayes Valley

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Free Internet

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Smoke Free Rooms

Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Accessible for the blind

Braille or raised signage

Accessible for the deaf

TTY for telephone, visual or flashing fire alarm and vibrating alarm clock

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Wheelchair accessible

Wheelchair accessible common areas

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

Best guess for the 3.5* HOTWIRE property is the Hotel Whitcomb, which appears to only be 2.5* rated by PRICELINE, and you should therefore be able to avoid it by keeping your minimum bid at 3* when bidding the Civic Center zone.

Are you comfortable bidding for this stay on PRICELINE? Is so, let us know your maximum bid for this trip and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow. Or if you'd prefer to first have a look at the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal let us know the amenities that PRICELINE is associating with the hotel offered.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Honestly, I don't know what a "maximum" would be - I would certainly want to be below the Express Deal of $96 per room, and with the bonus cash, that would be $86....so maybe say $90 max, with the bonus cash that would be $80? And honestly, if I was in one of the nearby neighborhoods, that wouldn't be horrible - we have a car.

Thanks!

As an fyi, here are the express amenities - pets allowed makes it sound like a LaQuinta!

Star Rating: 3 star

Guest Score: Rated 7.0out of 10 (or higher)

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

....so maybe say $90 max, with the bonus cash that would be $80? And honestly, if I was in one of the nearby neighborhoods, that wouldn't be horrible - we have a car.

So you do you want to bid the Civic Center zone up to $90 (including bonus cash) and then if rejected include other nearby zones... or are there other nearby zones that are just as acceptable and the least expensive 3* or better in any of these zones is your goal? If the least expensive in multiple zones is the objective let us know which other zones are acceptable so we can include them in a bidding strategy.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

$90 in civic center incl bonus cash for 3* or better, then if rejected, include other zones.

Thanks

Honestly, I don't know what a "maximum" would be - I would certainly want to be below the Express Deal of $96 per room, and with the bonus cash, that would be $86....so maybe say $90 max, with the bonus cash that would be $80? And honestly, if I was in one of the nearby neighborhoods, that wouldn't be horrible - we have a car.

Thanks!

As an fyi, here are the express amenities - pets allowed makes it sound like a LaQuinta!

Star Rating: 3 star

Guest Score: Rated 7.0out of 10 (or higher)

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

That would work except it is $50 to join LMT last I knew....

Any update on bidding strategy? Bonus cash expires at midnight tonight....

Just for security, why not book the Holiday Inn Civic Center...3* on Priceline...on Last Minute Travel Club for $75/nite while you continue bidding on Priceline. LMT reservations are cancellable up to 3 days before checkin

I booked it...Entire bid was 3*

Started at $60 plus $10 bonus cash in Civic Center South (my target area) - rejected

Added Civic Center North and raised price to $70 plus bc - rejected

Added SOMA and raised price to $75 plus bc - rejected

Added Fisherman's wharf and raised price to $80 plus bc - accepted for Best Western Americana which is Civic Center South

I developed the strategy on my own by looking at other postings....figured the other areas I was adding were much higher for a 3* so I would get Civic Center South.

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the purchase and this property works well for your plans this trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]