Priceline Hotel: Copenhagen 4* Advice - 1 night Jan 26

bakersdozen
By bakersdozen,
in

Hi All,

Quick weekend visit to Copenhagen coming up and wondering what to bid. Looking at 4* hotels and I think it'll be the Marriott (amenities seem similar and lists Pet Friendly (which the Marriott is). The Marriott is listed for $127 so I'm wondering if anyone had any advice on what is a good price to start bidding.

I know it may not be the Marriott but the way I see it any 4* in that region will be fine.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey yeah, okay clicked on the links in private message again :) yup I've clicked on those links before for bookings in the past, using the advice of this forum for Zurich but just reading and not registering. Note that the Marriott is now listed as 175 a night for Jan 25 and 26th (think I'm going to do two days now). Any advice on where to start for a *5 in Copenhagen. Anyone know the list of hotels it could be (if it's not the Marriott). Willing for 4* as well if anyone has any recommendations. Ideally looking for $100 a night or under if the place is worth it.

So doing a bit of research. It seems that the unknown 4 star hotel is 'Pet Friendly.' In the priceline 4 star search there are only 6 hotels that are 4 star and pet friendly. Of these 6 only 3 are within the search radius of the bid.

They are

1. Copenhagen Marriott - $157 a night for 2 nights

2. First Hotel Skt Petri - $220 a night for 2 nights

3. Copenhagen Island Hotel - $156 a night for 2 nights.

If that helps narrow it down. Am I on the right track here? Knowing these prices is $95 a good bid? Or is that too low for what the rooms are going for. My flights are not 100% booked yet but I should be able to do that tomorrow.

...using the advice of this forum for Zurich but just reading and not registering.

:(

Unfortunately you have no re-bid zones available when bidding this region, but you do have 3 weeks to go before your stay.

I'd suggest starting at $80 and increasing $5 every 24 hours until you reach $100, at which point i'd then to look deeper into HOTWIRE's offering in this region and see if their 4* hotels are likely also 4* rated on PRICELINE.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. Please be sure to post your wins (and future wins) to the board so that the information can benefit others, just as you have benefited from those who have posted before you in the past.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

But I registered now :)

Okay took a look at HOTWIRE and probably narrowed it down to two places. One that looks awesome and one that is an apartment-type place. I have a feeling it's the apartment type place. Think I'm going to stick to PRICELINE and try bidding like you suggest. I do have Marriott points but with sub 100 dollar prices I gather it's best to save those for expensive hotels when a good deal can't be found.

... with sub 100 dollar prices I gather it's best to save those for expensive hotels when a good deal can't be found.

Agree!

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help along the way.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck!

So tried bidding first $85. It rejected the bid. When typing in the bid it gives me this warning "Based on recent data, your price has only a small chance of being accepted." and says the average for a 4 star is $156.

Does the warning mean I'm too far off? The warning goes away when I type in $149 in the box (but I didn't submit that).

The 'suggested retail price' shown by PRICELINE is meaningless and should be ignored (and will note that this is different then a counter-offer which is sometimes shown by PRICELINE, which does have some meaning/value, although can often be under-cut)

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help with this trip.

So just bid $105 and no acceptance yet. Getting to the point where I can get somewhere I choose and know on hotwire for 3 star for cheaper so I'm torn if it's worth it. May give it a go at $110 tomorrow and see what happens once more. If it is the Marriott it has gone for $110 before for other people in the past...

Let us know how you make out at $110 and if not successful how you'd like to proceed... there is also a 4* on HOTWIRE in the City Center-Old Town-Tivoli area for $125/nite if you'd like to stick with the 4* rating.

Damnit, $110 was refused.

There is a 4 star on HOTWIRE but I'm really scared that it's this apartment hotel place (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189541-d625636-Reviews-Ascot_Apartments-Copenhagen_Zealand.html). It doesn't look too great. The unknown 4* has a spa and this apartment style hotel does as well. The other 4* hotel with a spa is the Admiral Hotel (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g189541-d229647-Reviews-Copenhagen_Admiral_Hotel-Copenhagen_Zealand.html) which I'd love to get but I'm not sure which I'll get. I looked at the other amenities offered and from what I can gather (I'm not expert) they seem to both match what could be offered. Any advice on that would be appreciated?

I removed my comment because I had confused your post with a London request, realized it and deleted it but I see I didn't remove the "quote" part. Sorry to confuse you. maybe the moderator can clean that up. Good luck finding something. have you looked just outside the city? Copenhagen looks difficult and expensive from your experience. Is the airport really far? sometimes one gets such good prices there it may be worth the extra expense of in and out.!!

Right now there's a 4* with 95% satisfaction for $86 in south Copenhagen on HOTWIRE..

So with no 4* hotels showing on HOTWIRE in the City Center-Old Town-Tivlo what is the best rate you're able to find for a 4* (or 3* if you've decided to lower your star rating) hotel? How high have you bid on PRICELINE for a 4* for the newly revised two nite stay of Jan 25-27?

I just bid $120 a night for 4* city center on PRICELINE and was rejected. It's getting up to $308 all in with taxes on priceline so I ended up booking the Copenhagen Admiral Hotel on hotels.com for $140 a night for $330 all in with taxes... comparable to PRICELINE bidding as the taxes weren't included in bidding and for the extra $10 a night I know I have a quality hotel in a location I want. I did see this same hotel for $120 a few days ago and should have booked it as a safety as I realize the hotels.com price is refundable. May try for $125 tomorrow as a final? bid and refund hotels.com but we'll see.

So for future records... bid up to $120 for 4* in city center with no go. My best guess is that it is the Marriott.

Valencia, thanks for the south hotel find. I did see that too but am only there for 2 nights and wanted to stay somewhere in the old part of town so I can just wander and walk. :)

Glad to see you found something that you're happy with the and will work as a back-up reservation for the time being.

If you didn't, please note from our Support Page that we are an affiliate of Hotels.com as well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies. Please check for and use the links there whenever possible for your hotel direct purchases.

As well, our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com has a Hotels.com tab and has some GREAT filter and sort features to enable you to see all the hotels, with star rating and prices, on a map so you can easily see how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or to stay further/closer to your ideal location. We have also recently introduced WalkScores so you can see how far each hotel is from restaurants, bars, coffee shops, shopping, etc.

Let us know if any changes to your current plans.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]