Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Soho - Tribeca) Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel

wilkbm02
By wilkbm02,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Congratulations on your success!

An excellent deal for this fairly new property. Glad to see you scored a great deal and are pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board, as well as the compliments on the Priceline Maps feature... we have a few other things in the works for the upcoming new year that i'm very excited about! (so stay tuned ;) )

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I wound up having an interesting experience at this hotel. I arrived very late (around 1:30 am) and they didn't have a room for me. They had my reservation but were overbooked. (Brings to mind the Seinfeld episode

). I put up a mild argument about how they shouldn't kick people out who pre-paid. But they arranged for me to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn across the street for free.

They refunded the Priceline fee for the night (although I had to call Priceline to get them to put the credit through, even though Priceline themselves called me to say they'd give me a credit). And they wound up giving me a nice room with a view for the 2nd night and a cheap bottle of champagne. I'm not upset about it because I got a free night, and the Hilton Garden Inn was so close and nice enough, although not as nice as the Sheraton. It seemed like this was a common arrangement for the two hotels based on the words of the managers of both hotels. If this is common, I don't think it's a good practice for Priceline to allow it. I wonder what they'd have done if the Hilton Garden Inn was also full?

Anyway, the Sheraton itself is very nice. Modern, clean rooms, friendly service. As the Tripadvisor reviews state, the neighborhood doesn't feel unsafe but Canal Street is ugly.

Sorry to hear that the property was overbooked - occasionally, this does happen and some hotels do have agreements with nearby properties. Glad to hear that you were given the free night (which is fairly standard in cases of overbooking), although sorry to hear that you were given a hotel that was a lower star rating.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]