Priceline Hotel: Standard hotel rates for 12/26-12/28

Drew P.
By Drew P.,
in

I am planning a trip during the holiday lull between Christmas and New Year's Eve (12/26-12/28). Many hotels have 4-night minimums for NYE, which makes any reservations that include a Friday very difficult.

My $79 bid for 5* South Strip Vicinity and 5* North Strip was rejected. Given the currently available standard rates for those hotels, I didn't think the savings would be worth the risk of having to prepay and not be able to cancel the reservation. A $100 bid would have ended up costing closer to $300 with resort fees and taxes, but I wouldn't be able to cancel.

Standard prices are my rough estimate and includes resort fees and taxes:

• Westin Las Vegas is about $250 for 2 nights, but you have to prepay. Otherwise, it's more like $350.
  • Vdara is about $300 for 2 nights. Vdara is right in the middle of the Strip, next to Aria and Cosmo.
  • Wynn and Encore are about $350 for 2 nights. Really nice rooms. Good option because it's walkable to Palazzo and the mall.
  • Cosmo is about $400 for 2 nights. My personal favorite because it has everything - location, style, convenience.
  • Palazzo is about $450 for 2 nights. Not worth it.
  • Mandarin Oriental is about $600 for 2 nights. It's the best hotel in Vegas. Right in the middle, next to Aria and Cosmo.
  • Aria is about $650 for 2 nights. Not worth it.

...which makes any reservations that include a Friday very difficult.

Is your check-out date 12/28 as posted... or is this actually a 3 nite stay and your check-out is 12/29 (which would then include a Friday nite)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]