Priceline Hotel: Resort Maui (Kaanapali - Lahaina) The Westin Maui Resort And Spa

johnmlynch
By johnmlynch,
in

I got the e-mail alert from a few hours before this priceline win and tried the same strategy and obtained the same result.

Using the BetterBidding PRICELINE links to start to start my search I began bidding @ $150 for Zone 1 Ka'anapali - Lahaina and was unsuccessful.

After checking BetterBidding Hotel Lists for Hawaii to make sure zones 4,3,2 did not have any 4 star or Resort hotels, I rebid adding $5 each time.

After reaching $165 and no success, I closed browser, started over with Zone 1 starting bidding @ $170, added zones 4, 3 then was successful at $180.

Details:

Offer Price: avg. per room, per night $180.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 2

Travel Insurance: $10.00

Room Subtotal: $370.00

Taxes & Fees: $61.62

Total Charged to Card: $431.62

I have never purchased Travel Insurance option with PriceLine before but as this my first trip to Hawaii I decided to get it since it only added $5/night, but wonder how others feel about Travel Insurance with PriceLine in general.

I knew this is where I wanted to be for my planned 2.5 days on Maui and am content (if not exactly thrilled) with this deal.

Following this I am already staying in 2/22/13-3/1/13 at timeshare exchange in Oahu (Marriott Ko Olina) but still need to book something on Big Island 3/1/13-3/5/13 near volcanos and could use advice/strategey on that segment (understand will be less than 4* for this portion)

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you were able to get teh same deal as the previous user and are pleased with the results.

After checking BetterBidding Hotel Lists for Hawaii to make sure zones 4,3,2 did not have any 4 star or Resort hotels...
As per the message at the top of the Priceline Hotel List you should NOT use the hotel lists to determine your re-bid zones or you can easily end up in a zone you didn't intend. The only method that should be used is this one: Priceline Re-Bidding Explained. Feel free to ask any questions you may have regarding determining your re-bid zones.

As far as insurance goes i advise people to look at it from a probability point of view. Your $5 premium for your $180 room amounts to 2.75%... if you feel there is a greater than 3% chance you'll have circumstances that result in a valid claim then the insurance is a good bet... if less than 3% chance then i'd forgo the insurance.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]