Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (NMA-River North) Millennium Knickerbocker

bebe624
By bebe624,
in

Ok looking for a hotel for 3 nights. Sunday 8/28 - Wed 8/31

Here are my options:

1. Chicago Loop 4* (Best Value): Restaraunt, Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center ($95 a night)

2. Mag Mile/Wacker 4*(Best Value): Restaraunt, Pool, Fitness Center ($98 a night)

3. Mag Mile/Wacker 3.5*(Best Value): Restaraunt, Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center ($82 a night)

4. N. Michigan Ave/ Water Tower 4* (Best Value): Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Fitness Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center ($85 a night)

Being this is my 1st time in Chicago any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Best guess would be as follows:

1) Hilton

2) not sure

3) Sheraton

4) Westin, Drake, or Omni Ambassador East (all three have same amenties before purchase)

The amenities listed with each hotel are quite common for a large city area such as Chicago... all of the above guesses are matches for the hotels, but there could always be others we don't yet know about.

Let us know how it goes and what you ultimately get... any further questions feel free to ask (also, don't forget to follow-up your other post for the nite of the 25th :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ok here is my experience. My 1st time booking on Priceline. I usually use hotwire. But I looked on hotwire and the 4* rooms were going for $95 a night. Thought I would give it a shot on Priceline.

I linked from SavingsBarn.com :-) I like to return the favor. I just bidded $60 for a 4* (8/28-8/31)

Got rejected. Then they said if I increased my bid by $17 I could rebid again. So I did. And I got Mill Knickerbocker, read the reviews on TripAdvisor and they don't look so hot. But $77 a night is better than $95.

I was a total newbie. Maybe should have read up more on the strategies of bidding. But it's been crazy busy at work and my time was running out. Just needed to finalize my plans.

I think I did ok?

Congratulation on your winning bid and thank you very much for using the links at SavingsBarn.com to begin your bidding! :)

I think you did pretty well... however, the counter-offers can almost always be undercut, as discussed in this thread: PRICELINE SUGGESTS PRICE TO PAY.

All-in-all still a nice $50/nite savings, which adds up to a quick $150 for your 3 nite stay!

Thanks again for using the SB links and enjoy your stay in Chicago.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]