Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown and Harbor Island) Omni San Diego

Sir Travel-A-Lot
By Sir Travel-A-Lot,
in

First time posting and very new to the forum so please forgive me if I'm doing anything wrong. I am trying to find a 4* in the Gaslamp quarter. I see a lot of posts about gaslamp hotels but they are using the downtown/harbor island. I tried this and ended up with a hotel a good distance away from downtown and the gaslamp quarter.

Any suggestions? Started bidding at $80 would like to keep it at $100 or less. Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It's not clear from your post... did you recently make a purchase (for an upcoming stay) and ended up far away from where you want to be... or are you referring to a purchase made awhile back?

PRICELINE recently divided the 'Downtown-Harbor Island' zone into "Downtown-Harbor Island" and "Gaslamp Quarter-Convention Center" which makes it a bit easier to end up in the 'Gaslamp Quarter' area. Is this where you want to stay, in the Gaslamp Quarter area? If you got to PRICELINE (by entering 'San Diego' and your dates into the search box on the top right corner of this page) and zoom in on the 'Gaslamp Quarter zone', are you able to accept a hotel anywhere within the boundaries of this zone?

What are the actual date(s) of your stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I had both boxes selected thinking that would put me downtown or in the gaslamp district however I ended up on Harbor Island. Thankfully, since it was my first time and I wasn't aware the harbor island box was selected Priceline assisted me in cancelling my reservation for a small fee so long as I book again using the same starting price or higher and NOT including the harbor island/downtown area. I see that a lot of the winning bids for gaslamp hotels such as Solamar and Omni were put in using the Harbor Island box though?

I am open to any 4* in the gaslamp zone and will be staying 1/11-1/15. Thanks so much for the help!

i think you can get it for $70-80/night during that time frame...just start bidding two days before you leave...probably will get better deals. i would stick to the gaslamp quarter zone if you want to be safe since i used the downtown/harbor island zone hoping to get a downtown hotel(gaslamp), but ended up winning a bid at the Sheraton Marina hotel which i didn't really want since it was a bit further out....lesson learned i guess.

At current rates a win at under $100 may be tough, but something ~$105-$125 seems a bit more reasonable/likely, but we will start with your $100 limit and take it from there.

When bidding 4* in San Diego you have THIRTEEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Selet 4* Gaslamp Quarter-Convention Center...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're new to the concept)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bid $80, add re-bid zone Escondido

Bid $83, add re-bid zone Hillcrest

Bid $85, add re-bid zone Hotel Circl

Bid $88, add re-bid zone La Mesa

Bid $90, add re-bid zone Miramar

Bid $93, add re-bid zone Mission Valley

Bid $95, add re-bid zone National City

Bid $98, add re-bid zone Rancho Bernardo

Bid $100, add re-bid zone San Ysidro

Bid $102, add re-bid zone El Cajon

Bid $105, add re-bid zone North County

Bid $107, add re-bid zone Point Loma and won Omni for $107 a night! Was hoping to get a bit of a better deal given some of the other posters rates but am happy with the outcome! Thanks for all the help.

P.S. Used the PRICELINE link in the upper right hand corner too!

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps a bit more than you originally thought it might take, glad to see you're happy with the results and this property will work well for your plans.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]